Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there are 3 people who post regularly in the Fairmont section with a 77 after their name. I'm thinking about changing my name to Soopernaut77.

Since the F/Z cars came out for 78 it must not be Fairmont related. Either you are all related and share the last name 77, you are 77 years old or born in 1977.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Born 1969... not related to anyone i know on the boards. Is actually, my old S/N from the Mustang site i was on (1977 Mustang II Mach 1 in photo album) i was Vamp_79 on the old fairmont site... but since i'm old i forgot the '79' part when registering here. I betcha if i put Vamp_69 you'd think it was for somthing else also....

·
Banned
292 Posts
oh yea, how bored u must be that yer looking up this stuff... unless yer one of them creapy stalker types....in which case just send me a PM, i'll give u my home addy.. no, i dont have guns. I like edged weapons tho.. :arf: :eek:ut: :eek6: :frown2: :crazy: :crazy: :ihih: :incazzato: :cornut: :eek: :rolleyes: :ciappa:

·
Banned
292 Posts
I wasn't really looking it up. It's hard to miss with all the posts that end in 77.
and yet i missed it... ok well i think Jonzo77 and Ashzo77 are related... who else besides me have the 77 thing? And if it's a big deal, i'll ask one of the Mods if i can change mine....2 years younger sounds good :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
they're in a gang. don't mess with the 77's. j/k

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
actually i got mine from the Chi-town 77's, which is a group of punks who are into the style of music in Chicago. real punk is broken up into 2 categories depending on style. there is the original New york 77, and there is the UK '82. punk was started in 1973 by the ramones, but that's another story. ashzo is just copying my name, and i'm not sure why. she is my gf. jonzo is a nickname i got in 2002.

·
Registered
262 Posts
actually i got mine from the Chi-town 77's, which is a group of punks who are into the style of music in Chicago. real punk is broken up into 2 categories depending on style. there is the original New york 77, and there is the UK '82. punk was started in 1973 by the ramones, but that's another story. ashzo is just copying my name, and i'm not sure why. she is my gf. jonzo is a nickname i got in 2002.

Well I'm a 31 and also from Chitown.. 31 love. 77 killa...:):D:cornut:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You didn't know how correct you were. I had to look up the Chi-town 77s and it seems they are more into violence and mayhem than music.

But the Ramones didn't form until 74. So what about the earlier bands such as The Seeds, The Standells, The Stooges, MC5, The Dictators, Blue Cheer, Velvet Underground, New York Dolls and many others? In 1970 the band Suicide first used the term "Punk Music" on one of their flyers to advertise a concert.

What was happening in the UK in 82? A lot of the best known punk bands from the UK formed in the mid to late 70s such as The Damned, Clash, Sex Pistols, 999, Adverts, Buzzcocks, Wire, Sham 69, etc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You didn't know how correct you were. I had to look up the Chi-town 77s and it seems they are more into violence and mayhem than music.

But the Ramones didn't form until 74. So what about the earlier bands such as The Seeds, The Standells, The Stooges, MC5, The Dictators, Blue Cheer, Velvet Underground, New York Dolls and many others? In 1970 the band Suicide first used the term "Punk Music" on one of their flyers to advertise a concert.

What was happening in the UK in 82? A lot of the best known punk bands from the UK formed in the mid to late 70s such as The Damned, Clash, Sex Pistols, 999, Adverts, Buzzcocks, Wire, Sham 69, etc.
actually all the bands before the ramones were classified as "glam rock". we have a ramones documentary that was narrated by johnny, tommy, and marky... another thing is, you're going by the internet instead of meeting them in person('77's)? don't judge people by reputation, judge them by who they are...:hand:

·
Registered
890 Posts
also, in 82, the style of the music started to change. started by the clash.(combat rock) as a matter of fact i just got done listening to Suicidal tendencies, and am now on the vibrators

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
that's enough ashley

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ah, the 70s, you had to be there. You couldn't catch anything that penicillin wouldn't cure. In 76 we men all grew "bicentenial beards". In 74 the Mustang turned into a glorified Pinto. For some unknown reason the editor of Hot Rod Magazine thought we gear heads would enjoy articles about vans filled with shag carpet and covered with murals, and that every project car needed huge fiberglass fender flares. The eight track player in my 64 Fairlane 2dr post (351w,C4) blared the sounds of Deep Purple, Derrik and the Dominos, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, AC/DC........
OK, I'll take my meds and come back to the 21st century.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Psychedelic Sunday

blared the sounds of Deep Purple, Derrik and the Dominos, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, AC/DC........
....Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, Nazareth, Blue Oyster Cult, Steppenwolf, Rush, Yes, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly...... :ihih:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts