Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 1972 302 for a project car I am working on. So far I have had the block bored & cleaned and line bore checked. I will be sending it back in to have it decked to 0.000" I picked up a set of gt40 heads for $100 and will be cutting in some 1.94/1.60 valves. I am still trying to locate a torker I intake as it seems to have better numbers then the torker II in this app according to the computer. I found an x303 cam for $90 which I couldn't pass up. My question is has anyone played with the comp cams retro fit roller kit? I bought one the other day part number 31-1000 but when I got it and opened it I noticed it says you need to have a boss in two spots to use it. I don't have the bosses on this block. Has anyone tried to use this on a non boss block? I heard you can by shimming it up a bit. Next question is that x303 is a roller cam, but it don't have the small base circle. I am trying to figure out if I can use stock ford roller lifters and this plate with that cam. Or, do I need to buy retro fit lifters with the connector bars on them? Lol chevy lifters seem to fit nicely in the lifter bores, but I need to do some more research on what will work....... According to engine anylizers I have played with this engine should be in excess of 360hp when complete. I don't intend to turn over 6000 rpm which is good I guess since the double roller set I got only handles 6500.:confused5:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn this post is almost off the front page already... Going to have to find another place to post the questions. I checked valve clearances with the stock valves yesterday, and had about .090" of room. Of course the geometry isn't completely correct as I was not using the lifters or rockers that will be on it. But, It should be really close.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
For lack of an answer I would call the people that made the camshaft and they could probably steer you to the correct path.
Sometimes they have kits to resolve your question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
360hp???????????? at the crank I guess....

as far as the cam question goes, I would have to agree with Dom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts