Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
I do not have factory parts catalogs that far back.
I have the years from 1960 to 1990

The Ford part number comes in 3 parts. Prefix, base and suffix. I could give you a Ford base part number if you stated which bearing. There are at least 6 bearings in the rear axle.
The axle ratio does not help.
I assume it is a drop out axle similar to the 9 inch (ring gear) that was introduced in model year 1957. Or post a picture.

And many roller bearings were made by a vendor, like Timkin. Many times the cage was stamped with a number.
If none of that helps, and again assuming it is a roller bearing, many of those can be sourced by dimension. A long time ago I was into Air Stream travel trailers. Finding wheel bearings for 50 to 70 year old travel trailer where the parent company had been sold several times was kind of interesting. Buying by dimension worked in many cases.

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
This is what hard copy of the part catalog looks like. This is teh text version. (The numbers only) Part numbers are arranged in numerical order using the base number. If you do not know the base number it is difficult to find a part.
However there is an illustration catalog where you can look at drawings that have the base number then look for the part number in the Text catalog

For later model years some seller scanned these publication and sold it on a CD

Ford Car Parts & Accessories Text Catalog 1949-1959 | eBay
Font Wood Commemorative plaque Publication Rectangle

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
Thanks for posting back with your result.

Those are called wheel bearings.

Many times the bearing or race is stamped with a number that can be matched.
Or dimensions of the bearing can be matched. I did that with a wheel bearing on an Airstream travel trailer at NAPA.

Action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts