Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a 55 fairlane 4 door. This was somebody’s project car that they had to give up. My problem is he never picked up a lot of the parts from the paint shop. So my problem is trying to find said parts.
What I am missing is the entire front clip fenders hood etc. all four doors and the trunk lid. Don’t want this old gal to scraped by me so I searching any ideas would be awesome

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Sounds like you need a parts car.
Is there any way of recovering the parts from the body shop?
What part of the world are you located? (Your profile is not complete)

Action

Reactions: TBIRD430

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been searching but the car has been in an apartment garage for almost 2 years till the owner of the complex wanted it gone
I would love a parts car and I am actively searching but most places have been picked dry
We are trying to rebuild this car as a marketing vehicle for our lavender farm.
we are going to do a full restoration and a bit of modifying.
Any help would be great

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure what happened. I have reached out to the person on all the misc recipes but no luck.
I’ll try the place you recommended and shipping is me and a trailer and a ROAD TRIP love those was a roadie for a long time so travel is just good fun.
Thank you for the info
I will keep all updated
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

remember I did not choose the colors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surely the bodyshop would let you pay for whatever they have done & retrieve those missing parts???
My understanding is the shop was sold and whatever parts there were went with the owner been trying to find any lead but always come up empty
But on a positive note I have been in contact with a few people that have most of the parts I need and might have found a parts car minus engine and trans, don’t need either of those since the original 55 came with 2 motors.
A 289 with a borg Warner t5
As well as a 351 Windsor with a c4 that’s in the car now.
love being on this forum like minded people with the same goal
Thank you

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts
Great find.

Keep us updated

Action

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok update the 55 in Ashland Oregon I believe was a scam
Wanted green dot money card worth 250 to hold to show my “sincerity “ gave address and phone call to back up story of being a real person.
Once I asked for a local newspaper and the car in same picture it turned to insults and aggressive. Saying she hasn’t been composited for her work and time. I reminded her she contacted me
It was a 517 area code Vienna Virginia
She told me she was from Tennessee and just moved to Oregon
Way to many red flags
Had a laugh then a new email came in from this forum and said he has everything I needed
His name is bob (funny that’s the name of my horse who is awesome ) talked with bob for about 30 min he sent pictures to go with his story and said he has been fixing and parting out 55-57 Fairlane and such for 30 years. Also he said no hurry it not going anywhere and to visit in the spring or next week my choice.
bob if your reading this I truly enjoyed out talk and I will see soon.
watch out for gift card scams
You all be safe during the holidays

Thanked her for her time

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have recently acquired a 55 fairlane 4 door. This was somebody’s project car that they had to give up. My problem is he never picked up a lot of the parts from the paint shop. So my problem is trying to find said parts.
What I am missing is the entire front clip fenders hood etc. all four doors and the trunk lid. Don’t want this old gal to scraped by me so I searching any ideas would be awesome
Probably a long shot. I'm not a member so cannot see if individuals are selling clips or anything you need. Anyway in spite of the club name "Club Victoria Association", they claim interest in a variety of 54-56 Fords.
Kevin

Reactions: Dominick 1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts