Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I busted off my rear drums on my 57 fairlane and found my springs / pads / ebrake cable/ SOLID rust inside! Have been pooting around online and havent found much tadoo about rear brake kits less i wanted to go Disc, which i dont.
Anyone have any ideas on what avenues i might take on getting some rear brakes set up? I asked a "co-worker" and he thought that a set of Drum brakes off a ranger might work. I am open to nearly any idea, cept discs. thanks in advance, appreciate any and all effort!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there 57Unfairlane,

If I recall correctly those brake drums were narrow - 11" x 1 3/4", I am not sure what might might work.

Have you tried Mac's Antique Auto Parts, Dennis Carpenter Ford or C & G Early Ford Parts, for the drums, shoes, springs, etc, they specialize in older Ford parts and NOS.

Have you tried Ford or the local parts jobbers - often times they have been useful for some of the brake items and other items needed for some of our Classic Ford's.

Have you tried Ebay, Kijiji, Craigslist, Swap Meets, Automotive Flea Markets, you just never know what is kickin around out there or the deal you might just find.....

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Pull the bigger drums backing plates and all hardware off a full sized 70's car, bolt right on like it grew there. Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.