Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm from Kansas near Wichita. I got a 62 Fairlane Club Sedan a year ago as a project car. It is not in running condition and needs quite a lot of work. Body is in pretty good shape, but the rest - well! I think it has a 260 V8 and is a 2 door. The interior is a weird purple color which doesn't match any color pallet I can find for 62; however it looks like factory paint.

I've been researching just how to proceed with this project; and have come up with some sources for parts, etc. I also was able to find a copy of the factory manual.

Since the 62 is not a real popular car; it's hard to locate aftermarket parts and info. I drove a 62 with a 221 V8 as one of my first cars; so I guess this was a nostalgic choice! Any info, sources, etc. would be appreciated - thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome, check with Dearborn Classics, Dennis Carpenter, Macs Auto and Carolina Classics. Good places to start looking.
As how to proceed, that is up to you and what you want your car to be, stock/restored, custom, hot rod or a driver.:biggrin5: I'm a frim believer of it's my car and I will do what I like with it. Good luck and have fun with it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm with Bertha66. Your car , do what makes you happy. I'd make a couple of lists of questions if you don't have a direction. One list would be parts needed for full restoration and can they be obtained. Would a comprimise for that part be acceptable? You said the body was pretty good. Next list would be a restification with modern parts, keeping as much original appearance as possible. I'd make a list of absolute no-no's that you just don't like. If pro street is out of the question then put it on that list. Estimate costs where you can unless budget isn't a question. Decide what your purpose for your project is. Do you want to race it, drive it sometimes or drive the snot out of it when ever the mood strikes. Can it be caught in bad weather? A pro street car isn't practicle for all kinds of weather. Will your regions weather affect how often you can take you baby for a ride? How about distance you want to travel with it? Touring car or not?
When you have your lists, sit back and look at them. Decide what your willing to comprimise and go for it!:crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts