Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an instrument cluster for my 63 Comet convertible s22. A fuel and temperature gauge would be fine. My cluster is in pretty good shape, it's just that those two gauges don't work and I can't seem to find any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also wondering if a Falcon gauge cluster would fit. I don't want to replace it with a factory Falcon cluster, but I have seen some reasonable looking aftermarket ones.

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
Reactions: Dominick 1

·
Registered
25 Posts
'63 Comet should use any 60-63 Falcon or Comet Instrument Cluster for options . They are sold on E-Pay all the time but finding tested working is the challenge.

The 60/61 and 62/63 version Comet clusters are the most preferred for their signature Jet-Age era style cues from the MEL design team.

Your existing cluster may simply need the gauges' voltage regulator on rear of cluster replaced. '63 isn't a circuit board, just wires and screw posts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=COMET+instrument+cluster&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=mercury+COMET+instrument+cluster

have fun

'63 Falcon dash with '61 Comet cluster:

ai.postimg.cc_2qg2zRGD_63_WAGON_COMET__PANEL_3.jpg
ai.postimg.cc_GTCKyF6g_63_WAGON_COMET__PANEL_1.jpg

Jet-Age '61 Comet dash:

ai.postimg.cc_LqWK49Pb_100_3252.jpg
ai.postimg.cc_7b08DyZK_100_3253.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the help. I have been looking high and low. This gives me other resources and options. I'll try to upload some pics. I need to figure out a way to compress them. They are too large.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice car Powerband. I would like nothing more than to have my fuel gauge and Temp gauge repaired, however I haven't found anyone who will or can. The 63 has gauges specific to that year. If you have any suggestions on who I can contact I would really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
If both gauges do not function at all, consider the suggestion made by Powerband.

The instrument voltage regulator may not be functioning.

Action

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts