Ford Automobiles banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
it's the cost of copper and you can't use acid core solder anymore. thank the tweekers for the copper cost. tree huggers for the solder

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Yes...others have said i should take it to a radiator shop and have the inlet/outlets cut off and have the 1.25 connectors aluminum welded on. Sounds pricey but worth inquiring as to the cost of doing so. I'll stick with this for now but the moment it gives me trouble I'll be reordering from Summit. View attachment 48057
So I easily found radiator hoses and rubber bushings to fit the different top and bottom outlets on my AM radiator....🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So I easily found radiator hoses and rubber bushings to fit the different top and bottom outlets on my AM radiator....🤷‍♂️
I'd would love to know what those hoses were since I still don't like what I have on my top hose. Do you have any make & model #s ? The fact that I'm squeezing a 1.25 inch hose onto a 1.5 inch top outlet bothers me. Plus the curve and shortness of it made it difficult to find.

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
I'd would love to know what those hoses were since I still don't like what I have on my top hose. Do you have any make & model #s ? The fact that I'm squeezing a 1.25 inch hose onto a 1.5 inch top outlet bothers me. Plus the curve and shortness of it made it difficult to find. View attachment 48675
I ordered the flexible hoses and bushings from Amazon. My top outlet is 1-1/2” and the housing on the block is 1-1/4”. I found a flexible hose with those two ends. My bottom outlet is 1-3/4” and the water pump is 1-1/4” and I found a flexible hose that was 1-3/4” on one end and 1-1/2” on the other so I bought the 1-1/2x1-1/4 bushing for it, all from Amazon, though I think they are Gates products...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I ordered the flexible hoses and bushings from Amazon. My top outlet is 1-1/2” and the housing on the block is 1-1/4”. I found a flexible hose with those two ends. My bottom outlet is 1-3/4” and the water pump is 1-1/4” and I found a flexible hose that was 1-3/4” on one end and 1-1/2” on the other so I bought the 1-1/2x1-1/4 bushing for it, all from Amazon, though I think they are Gates products...
Yes..I was able to find the bottom flexible hose but didn't like how it was touching my oil filter so I rigged an loose clamp around it to pull it away from the filter. I was a little concerned with the use of a bushing on top and if it was going to work. I'll have to revisit Amazon for what you purchased and see if I'll be more comfortable with it than what I'm using now. Thanks.

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Yes..I was able to find the bottom flexible hose but didn't like how it was touching my oil filter so I rigged an loose clamp around it to pull it away from the filter. I was a little concerned with the use of a bushing on top and if it was going to work. I'll have to revisit Amazon for what you purchased and see if I'll be more comfortable with it than what I'm using now. Thanks.
I intend to cut a 2” section from a larger radiator hose to slip over the flexible hose where it sets against the oil filter to protect it....

41 - 51 of 51 Posts