Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
65' Falcon 2-door hardtop. Passinger side door must be locked using the key.
If you press down the door lock button, then close the door. The door isn't locked, and the button pops up.
Have to lock it with the key. (As I remember, it was always like this since I was 13 years old).

The drivers side door will lock normally. (Everything still original, garaged 40 years)

Can anybody confirm this for me?

Thought this might be a "safety" feature, to keep you from locking your keys in the car?
I remember this was a feature on another car we had. And unless you read the owners manual, you'd never know it.
Except, if you held the door handle open, as you closed the door, it would lock.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
670 Posts
Learn something most days; interesting about the Falcon since Mustangs even through 1966 did not work that way - a door could only be locked from the inside when it was closed or via a key.
Kevin
PS - through at least 1960, the key could be removed from a running 'chebbie' - by design.

· Registered
118 Posts
"... press down the door lock button, then close the door. The door isn't locked, and the button pops up.

.. sounded familiar, checked it out and my '63 Wagon front passenger door (only) does work exact same ! - ?.

hav e fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts