Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a list of interchangeable clutch pedal assembly's that would fit my 66 falcon. There can’t be many. But I don’t want to buy one from an old mustang just to find out I bought the wrong year. Don’t most 66 falcon drive train parts interchange with the fairlane?
Thanks

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
If you are looking for JUST the clutch pedal the data below will work. If you are looking for more parts than just the pedal you will need to be more specific in what you want and what are you doing.

1966 & 1967 Falcon all engines clutch pedal is Ford part # C6OZ 7519 B
Will also fit 1966 & 1967 Fairlane and 1966 & 1967 Comet

To find that kind of data you will need to obtain a Hollander interchange book or the Ford MPC text and Illustration catalogs from 1965 to 1972

Action

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More specifically, I would like to put a 4 speed in an automatic car. I need the whole assembly. Thanks for the interchange book information. I’ll find one. Also, I’m also trying to contact a machine shop in Michigan about a head for my six cylinder. I’ve decided not to do a v8 exchange and stick with the 6. But I want a 4 speed to go with it. Haven’t made a decision about a turbo yet.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
I wondered if that is what you were seeking.

I am on my lap top and only have access the LM data. Out of that the 66/67 Comet parts do not have Cougar applications.
Knowing that Cougar came out in 67.
And there are about a dozen parts and double or triple that if you count bushings and bolts

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
It appears so.
It has a 14 day no questions return policy. If you buy that make sure it will work in the 14 days.
Free return if it does not fit. Will cost you in shipping if you change your mind.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
And this makes sense.
I never owned a Fairlane. However in high school I worked a used car lot as a gofer.
In that time there were more than one Fairlane that showed up on the lot with a big block & a stick. The bushings and pivots were in various states of worn out.
I distinctly remember pushing the clutch pedal and the pedal slid over to the left. Definitely wonky. But on one occasion I took a 390 out on the road and got rubber in first and second.

Action

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
310 Posts
on the swap to a 4 speed trans. have you done the research on the rear ratios?
i'm asuming that right now you have a 3 speed auto.
  • First: 2.40:1
  • Second: 1.47:1
  • Third: 1.00:1
and i think the 4 speed is
  • First: 2.32:1
  • Second: 1.69:1
  • Third: 1.29:1
  • Forth: 1.00:1

·
Registered
115 Posts
I suspect most Falcon and Fairlane clutch pedal setups will be compatible and may be able to just 'add' the clutch to current auto pedal

Look up - or ask here for 66's rear axle ratio with the current C4 automatic. With early 1-1 final gear 3/4spd cars the rear ratio's may be more compatible with a 5 speed with Overdrive - New or rebuilt 5spd/OD T5's from 80's thru early 90's are less favored by big HP modern builds and are available more affordable than traditional rebuilt T-10 or Toploader 4spd's these days.

Overdrive allows lower ratio rear gear performance and interstate cruise speeds capability.

Adaptors are available whatever you go except none for later OD automatic trannys I've found.

have fun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Converting a Ford 6 cyl auto car to a manual is a daunting task without using a donor car that has everything to give up.... It does get easier if the 6cyl is a 250 as the bell housing is the same as Ford's small block line and 385 eng series..... Later model 200'[email protected] sometime around 68 or 69, Ford changed the block bell housing bolt pattern that uses all the bolt holes as the small block, except one so it'll work "ok".... Ford only made one 6 cyl bell housing where a T5 manual will bolt up but an adapter plate is needed and some machine work is required i believe to get the adapter centered where it needs to be but do your research as i was thinking about doing this 10 years ago on my 45k miles 65 Falcon Futura 2dr HT with a 200 six and a C4....go to "Classic Inlines" and start researching their tech articles... Alot are from a gentleman from one of our states in the great southwest whose name i won't mention as i don't have permission to use his name or former company name....needless to say, his knowledge of the Ford small block six(144/170/200/250) lives on through "Classic Inlines" and the present owner... They also have a great manual on hot rodding the Ford small block six....start with that and the tech articles on their website....i delayed working on my 65 long enough through frustration and a tinge of laziness until it's value increased to the point i didn't dare modify a rust free, low mileage, 100% factory example..... Good Luck with your project.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
If you have the C4 automatic, there are some ways to make that a better performance transmission. Most automatics can be made so they operate far better than a stick. Which is why the modern auto world has given up on the manual transmission. Fuel economy and performance is far better with an automatic. More consistant shifts and less wasted effort.

If you are looking for the feel of moving a stick, the C4 is never going to give you that.

Action

1 - 13 of 13 Posts