Ford Automobiles banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Geez Louise, no parts catalog, no clue. :(

There are FOUR switches, which one is required? Right front, right rear, left front, left rear?

1965/72 Ford Passenger Car Parts Catalog available on a C/D from hipoparts.com.

One cannot post parts catalog pics on this site.

Post #20: C5AZ-14540-B is a master P/W switch.

This switch is for...among other things, a 1965/66 76A Galaxie 500 Convertible.

1966 7 Litre Convertible is body style 76D

C4SZ-14540-B .. P/W Switch / Obsolete

1964/66 Thunderbird / 1965/66 LTD body styles: 63C/63D & 76B/76D

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any, none on ebay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dominick
I will check them out.
BKW
On the console switches all 4 are the same. In the past when the driver switch was getting bad he moved it to a rear switch location in the console. Wish he would have gotten a new switch back then.
It's a 66 7 litre, auto tran, convertable, ps, power locks & windows(minus one switch), even cruise control.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dominick
I will check them out.
BKW
On the console switches all 4 are the same. In the past when the driver switch was getting bad he moved it to a rear switch location in the console. Wish he would have gotten a new switch back then.
It's a 66 7 litre, auto tran, convertable, ps, power locks & windows(minus one switch), even cruise control.
See post #21 for the correct C4SZ-14540-B switch. I couldn't find any NOS, but some of the T-Bird vendors probably have used switches.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Is it the widow lock switch?
I have to an obsolete parts supplier that's the reason I wanted the number

·
Registered
63 Posts
2019-06-18 12.58.18.jpg
2019-06-18 12.59.03.jpg
Is it the widow lock switch?
I have to an obsolete parts supplier that's the reason I wanted the number
No its one of the 4 switches from the console master switch. It's currently for the rear drivers side window. The 4 switches are interchangeable within the master switch housing.
We are using a reproduction lockout switch from a t-bird.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We actually have one of those. The switchs are wired different. We're still holding out hope for a galaxie switch. To use the Tbird switches you have to rewire with a couple of relays at each motor.
Wouldn't have been great if Ford had used the same switches accrost it's 1966 line.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
We actually have one of those. The switchs are wired different. We're still holding out hope for a galaxie switch. To use the Tbird switches you have to rewire with a couple of relays at each motor.
Wouldn't have been great if Ford had used the same switches accrost it's 1966 line.
Did you look a Macs under your year model ford?

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
awww.rearcounter.com_assets_v3_img_logo_rc_233x43.png

1. Auto Parts
  2. Parts Search
  3. C5AB-14529-C
C5AB-14529-C (In-Stock) - Ford
Part: C5AB-14529-C
Availability: 3 found at 2 sellers
Variations: C5AB14529C, C5AB14529-C, C5AB*14529*C
awww.rearcounter.com_rarity_rcpd_badge_C5AB_14529_C_rearcounter.jpg

Premium Listings
McDonald Obsolete Parts
Part Number:
C5AB14529-C
Description:
Price:
Request Pricing
Quantity:
Seller:
McDonald Obsolete Parts View Profile
Phone:
Show Phone Number
Email:
Send Seller a Message
Contact Seller to Buy
Basic Listings
Seller in Olathe, Kansas
Part Number:
C5AB14529C
Description:
Price:
Request Pricing
Quantity:
Email:
Send Seller a Message
Contact Seller to Buy

Quick Links
Rear Counter
Founded in 2009, Rear Counter is one of the oldest and largest parts locators on the internet. Our mission is to connect buyers looking for auto parts with sellers that have them. Sign-up today and list your parts for free!

© 2009-2019 Rear Counter. All Rights Reserved.

Company Profile

·
Registered
133 Posts
We actually have one of those. The switches are wired different. We're still holding out hope for a galaxie :( switch. To use the Tbird switches you have to rewire with a couple of relays at each motor.
Wouldn't have been great if Ford had used the same switches across its 1966 line.
NO SUCH PART NUMBER as C5AB-14529-B because this is the ID engineering number
for Ford part number = C5AZ-14529-B station wagon P/W switch

There is NO Galaxie switch, because a 7 Liter is not a Galaxie. Body style for a '66 7 Liter convertible is 76D, look on the Warranty Plate to verify.

P/W switch for 76D is C4SZ-14540-B, same as 1964/66 Thunderbird. If y'all had the parts catalog, you could look it up yourself.

That's what I did, because I have the parts catalog + 35 years of Ford parts experience.

email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the pic from the catalog. Or call Green Sales Co. and ask them: 513-731-3304.

No one on rear counter.com or partsvoice.com has the correct switch. I use both of these obsolete parts search sites everyday.

You have to register on partsvoice, but not on rear counter, just sign on and type the part number.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
NO SUCH PART NUMBER as C5AB-14529-B because this is the ID engineering number
for Ford part number = C5AZ-14529-B station wagon P/W switch

There is NO Galaxie switch, because a 7 Liter is not a Galaxie. Body style for a '66 7 Liter convertible is 76D, look on the Warranty Plate to verify.

P/W switch for 76D is C4SZ-14540-B, same as 1964/66 Thunderbird. If y'all had the parts catalog, you could look it up yourself.

That's what I did, because I have the parts catalog + 35 years of Ford parts experience.

email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the pic from the catalog. Or call Green Sales Co. and ask them: 513-731-3304.

No one on rear counter.com or partsvoice.com has the correct switch. I use both of these obsolete parts search sites everyday.

You have to register on partsvoice, but not on rear counter, just sign on and type the part number.
Thanks for looking
The door tag has body code 76D, the 66 7 litre was considered a separate model of the galaxy 500. In 67 it was just an option. Our switch has C5AB-14527-B on the switch housing. I have reviewed pictures of switch 14540 and it is different from what is in or car. We will probably have to rewire the last switch to make a Tbird switch work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
C4SZ-14540-B is the correct switch for 1964/66 Thunderbird & 1966 body style 7 Litre 76D convertible.

The problem is, one cannot post parts catalog pics on this site.

I'm also a member of ford-trucks.com (NumberDummy) .. fordtruckzone.com & fordtruckfanatics.com (both BKW) where I've posted 1,000's of Ford parts catalog pics.

Home phone number: 805-864-9228

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello,

I hope you don't mind I've been following this post and I hate to dwell on minutiae, but I do believe the 1966 7 Litre is actually a 1966 galaxie 500 7 litre. The 7 litre is an option same as the XL option for the 1966. The 1966 Ford service manual lists it as such.

It's a trivial detail most people miss, much like the Ford LTD. In 1965 the LTD was an option to the galaxie 500 therefore it is a 1965 Ford galaxie 500 LTD. By 1966 it officially became its own model line (Ford LTD). Much in the same way the XL package evolved, by 1968 the XL became its own model line and is simply a Ford XL and no longer considered a galaxie 500 (even though it's obviously mostly the same parts).

This is evidenced by all 1966 galaxie 500 7 Litres, having the galaxie 500 badging on the rear quarters with the independent 7 litre badges in the grill, deck lid housing and on the glove box trim. The 1966 Ford galaxie 500 XL is very similar to the 7 litre in that respect.

Plus we have a little empirical experience here as we have a plain Jane 1966 galaxie 500, a 1966 galaxie 500 XL, a 1966 Ford LTD and a 1968 XL.

Just thought I'd mention it...

Good luck with the switch hunt.

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
View attachment 38440 Last part to find to Finnish the 66 galaxie 7 litre convertable. Looking for the holy grail, well almost. We have 3 of the 4 console power window switches working but just need one more switch. We had the bad switch sent off for repair but they could not bring her back to life. Need one console power window switch for 65/66. If you know of good salvage source for 66 galaxies let me know. Been searching eBay for over a year.
Thank you
Kelly
View attachment 38440 Last part to find to Finnish the 66 galaxie 7 litre convertable. Looking for the holy grail, well almost. We have 3 of the 4 console power window switches working but just need one more switch. We had the bad switch sent off for repair but they could not bring her back to life. Need one console power window switch for 65/66. If you know of good salvage source for 66 galaxies let me know. Been searching eBay for over a year.
Thank you
Kelly
Did you ever find a working switch? I am on the hunt for one. Or it's in the wiring on mine...not sure.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts