Ford Automobiles banner
181 - 200 of 230 Posts

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Yea, I have been on the lookout for a different f. fender ever sense I got the car.
One of the years I'll find one.
I think I'll try to get it worked out best i can till then, but not anytime soon.
I want to start driving it, so I will most likely be in the springtime when I tackle that fender.

It's a 4wheeler and it's for sale. It needs a starter resister and something in the shifting gears is jacked.
Last time i road it, it would not go into 1st just rev.. So I had to ride it all the way home slow in rev.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
It's a 4wheeler and it's for sale. It needs a starter resister and something in the shifting gears is jacked.
Last time i road it, it would not go into 1st just rev.. So I had to ride it all the way home slow in rev.
Ouch!

Action

· Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
213 Posts
Yea, I have been on the lookout for a different f. fender ever sense I got the car.
One of the years I'll find one.
I think I'll try to get it worked out best i can till then, but not anytime soon.
I want to start driving it, so I will most likely be in the springtime when I tackle that fender.

I see, I didn’t realize you weren’t doing all the body work before painting it…..

Bodyparts For the later model Falcon’s are harder to find for some reason. Maybe they made fewer of them…..🤷‍♂️

For some reason it looked like an old 3 wheeler to me….

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
"I see, I didn’t realize you weren’t doing all the body work before painting it….. "
Hints why primer gray is the final color .... 😊

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
So not much don't this weekend, just got the back bumper painted but not installed.
This cold wet weather here put a damper on progress.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
It was 45 mid-day when i was working outside.
Part of my weekend was trying to change out the transmission fluid in my wife 07 mustang. what a pain this is.
no dipstick, raise the car up level and pull the center bolt from the drain plug and if any fluid comes out it is good.
If none then it's low, how low ??? you don't know.... keep adding fluid up through the drain plug with a pressurized canaster till it runs out.
so after replacing the filter and all that stuff i can't get the center plug out of the drain plug. it's in there tight.
i have to see if i can get a torx socket bit to get some force on it to break it loose.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
Good luck.

I do not care for "sealed" transmissions.
My 06 Navigator has one however my daughter's 2010 Fusion has a serviceable transmission. Go figure.
The sealed transmissions just have a fill hole that like a many rear axles, fill it til it over flows. Bad idea in my opinion.

Action

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
So, over the weekend my plan was to get the car finished to a state that i can start driving it.
. install back bumper (DONE)
. fix license plate light, put it back on and fix the broken wire. (Could not fine the one that came off, so I ordered a new one)
. install both aftermarket round side mirrors (didn't work, see below)
. paint and install windshield wipers (DONE)
. take it out for a test drive to make sure all it well. (didn't happen)

The aftermarket mirror worked on driver side but not on passenger side. good thing my wife bought me a new set of oem mirrors for my birthday last month.
So even to I spent all that time getting rid of the side mirror on drive side, I am re-installing the side mirrors but I'm going to move them forward a bit.
Most people won't know the difference except for falcon lovers will know.
Hood Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior Fixture
Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Automotive exterior Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle door Bumper

so at this point i was ready to pre tap the hole with the self-tapping screws provided, i brushed away the shaving with my finger and what do ya know....there was a metal burr.
Finger Tool Brush Safety glove Nail
fix it
Wood Glove Safety glove Wood stain Grass
Hood Gadget Wood Netbook Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

I got the other side on as well.
(I'll take sone pics when i get home today to show the updates)

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Well I got some progress done on the falcon.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Then I took it out for a drive and it was good but it was still missing a little.
I just don't know what else it could be except for maybe the carburetor. Yet it is drivable and it was a good day.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I was going to drive the falcon today but it didn't want to start and keep running that well.
i believe it's due to some vacuum leaks. My carb has 3 bolts that are just about striped out and that are just tightened/snug fit. I think that is where I'm getting my vacuum leak at.

Ok, question as fare as replacing my existing carb with a new one.
Should I replace it with the Carter YF type with elect. chock?
The Holly/Weber 32/36 or something different????
I have heard that the Weber carb has to be re-jetted to run on the 200 six, don't know if thats true or not.
if a carter yf carb with brand is good to go with? There are many brands out there that remake that carb.....

I would like to get the carb order today if at all possible.

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
if at all possible i would like to not have to do any modifications to the intake at all.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
What's on it now?
A Ford 1100?

Action

· Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
the holly/motorcraft factory 1 barrel 1940, not mine but the same
Gas Machine Auto part Metal Automotive engine part