Ford Automobiles banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
WOW, i never updated this post.
so i ended up replacing all the front suspension from the shocks down to the tie rod ends.
di a good alignment on it but it still needs a little adjustment. prob. a half a turn here and a half turn there.
before the tear down and replace the car had a great looking stance with the back up a bit and front low a bit. all old school looking. after the install it sits a lot more level......... i guess the front was bad wore out.. so i plan on getting some lowering springs to drop the front down 1.5 to 2 inches lower to get that stance back.

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
so i have been on a quest since i bought my 67 falcon to find a good dash for it. mine has cracks, chips and tape on it.
last week i found out that a dash from a 66 ranchero will fit the 67falcon. it is the same look as the Aus. version of the 67 falcon. all smooth and straight with out the dip in the middle. i found one for 200.00 and i pay for shipping. still in great condition with no cracks and or chips. dont know if i should bit the bullet or pass.......
this guys quotes:
"This dash pad may fit more cars than the 66 ranchero that I removed it from but you are responsible for your own research. I will sell it for $200.00 you pay shipping. I will need an address to get a shipping quote so we can proceed. FYI this dash is 45+ years old, no cracks but can be fragile if not handled properly, this dash pad is not repo’d and I would use it for a driver car and would be happy to have, just not a show car."

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
ok so i sent the guy with the dash an email and asked for shipping cost on that dash.
also about the mounting points and how good they are.
ooo i so cant wait to get it in so i can start on the interior of my car.
oo thought/question who knows how to take off the metal strips around the back glass?
my back glass leaks water a little. need to get that fixed before i redo the inside.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
The windshield trim?

Action

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
yea but the back glass trim, same thing other side. i see water stains on the back deck lower corner driver side.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
good on the first vid.
so the dash that i want from this guy, he lives in TN.
he is requesting me to send a money order, as soon as e gets the m.o. he will ship the dash out.
i has been years and years since i have had to get a m.o. to pay for something.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Go to your banking institution.
Money Orders are good for smaller dollar amount of funds.
The Post Office issues money orders
Western Union issues money orders
Walmart issues money orders

I am sure a seller would take a cashier's check as well

Action

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
yea i got so use to using paypale, i'm guessing the guy is a anti-paypale type of guy.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
The seller likely does not use any electronic (EFT) means to transfer money. Besides Paypal there is
Venmo
Zelle
Electronic checks
Bank to bank transfers

Money orders and cashiers checks are paper authorizations backed by a 3rd party. You give the 3rd party cash. Then authorize the 3rd party to pay a designated 2nd party. Once the receiver (2nd party) gets the paper, they are really getting paid by the third party that issues the money order or cashier's check. It is like passing cash around to different people.

A personal check works the same way. Except real money orders or cashier's checks do not bounce like a check could for NSF.

Action

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
sent to $$ plus 25 extra to male sure he packages it really good.
i cant wait to get it and start tearing out my interior.

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
this weekend i hope to start taking out the seats and interior and that stuff. then im sure that i will find some "O'man that's bad right there, get the welder and patch that area"

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
so i haven't put up any updates on my car.
i got that dash in and wow it looks great. not installed yet, i'll do that when i paint the inside.
started to install the carpet and man is it a big pain. so my car came with that hard plastic type floor and not carpet. the kick panels at the doors wont hold down the carpet like i thought. the carpet is kinda thick compared to that plastic floor stuff. thinking about gluing it down at the doors to help hold it down and also so it fits to the dips and bents at them locations.
going to fab. some hold down plates at each door and a hold down strip at the middle door jab so there wound be just a bear edge of carpet there. working on the seats as well. not going to the extent that i would like to, just wrapping them in Indian blankets and attaching them with hog rings like you would with normal seat fabric. i cant find a kit that has the full bench seat with out a split front seat. all that i find is for the 2 door falcons. so glue for carpet i have been doing research and so say 3m 77 spray glue. what have yall done when installing carpet???????

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Post some pictures

Action

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used double sided tape around the edges when I did my carpet install.
At first it didnt seem to work, but after a few days the tape had set, and it is tight as hell.

Now the fun starts!

Good luck,
Rinke

·
Registered
Lonsdale, AR 72087
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
info on upgradeing wiper motor needed..... please direct me someone..... please

41 - 60 of 96 Posts