Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Ford Edge. The back up warning signal sounds when a car passes by or I'm backing up, but doesn't sound when a person goes directly in back of the car. Any idea?

·
Super Moderator
13,494 Posts
The back up warning signal will ONLY sound off when the engine is running and the shifter is in reverse
Depending on the location of the person, how fast they are walking and how fast your vehicle is moving the warning may or may not alert.

If the person is with in inches of the sensors they may not sound off either. You might play with this with a willing test person and your foot firmly on the service brake. Make sure that person is a couple of feet away from the sensors.

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The back up warning signal will ONLY sound off when the engine is running and the shifter is in reverse
Depending on the location of the person, how fast they are walking and how fast your vehicle is moving the warning may or may not alert.

If the person is with in inches of the sensors they may not sound off either. You might play with this with a willing test person and your foot firmly on the service brake. Make sure that person is a couple of feet away from the sensors.

Action
Thanks so much for answering. I've tried it with the engine running, in reverse and varying distances behind the car, from about a foot to several feet and I still get no warning. Got any other ideas? Is it the same sensor that detects cars as detects people? I imagine it is. I don't think it's a cleaning issue if it's the same sensor.

·
Super Moderator
13,494 Posts
To my knowledge the sensor does not detect the difference between specific objects, living or not living.
The sensor just detects objects. If there is an object it show sense it.

Action

·
Super Moderator
13,494 Posts
I do not. I don't enough about the system other than what is on my SUV. I would want a shop manual to get a diagnoses

Action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts