Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9MQ-S27as]YouTube - 6Dsick Running at Holt[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bf1GTsMcvY]YouTube - 6Dsick Running at Holt 2[/ame]

Really wanting the 3.73's now. It was an hour drive up there at 2500rpm doin 65, that part was nice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Every time I watch it, I want to know what she'd do with the heads/cam/intake set up I want. Not to crazy about the idea, but I do have a 175 shot ZEX kit from my mustang that I could throw on it. Just need a plate and the know-how of nitrous. Never ran the kit on my old 93 Stang. Basically, didn't have any switches or knowledge. Did I say didn't? Still don't! All-iron motor, what could it hurt?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 390 block and some extra heads that I plan on taking a nice long time to rebuild into a monster. You thinking about switching from the 352 to something else eventually?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO many ideas: S/C 5.4 or 4.6 modular, 347 or 408 strokers, keeping it FE and just stroking it to a 445. Or even thought of what a 7.3 Stroker Diesel would be like.

For now I just hope it comes alive when I get the chance to throw an Edelbrock aluminum intake and set of heads at it with a big a$$ cam.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P&P on IRON heads is only $350? The process will take 3-5 X's longer and chew up bits left and right!

The aluminum heads will also take a good 75lbs off the front of the car. The intake should take 50lbs.

Bigger valves; 2.09int/1.66ext and 0.600 valve lift for a bigger cam. They just seem like the biggest bang for the $.
aperformanceparts.com_performance_parts_images_edelbrock_60069.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been busy moving my family to NC.
I know a machinist that does good work here that is giving me friend prices. I have 3 sets of stock 390 heads to play with. 700 plus new rockers and valves is an easier target than 1500+

·
Registered
12 Posts
That does make more sense to go with the edelbrock heads, but if I come across a set of 428 CJ or 427 medium riser heads for dirt cheap, I don't think I'll be able to pass it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts