Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this with the Broader Performance 500 HP kit, the stall is a TCI Street Fighter, also a new aluminum drive shaft. First launch is in drive, 2nd launch is manual shifting at 5000.:cornut:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CqnjTHQMwU]YouTube - 6Dsick new C6 and 2600 stall[/ame]

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
w o t ?

sounds like it to me...
Mabey i phraised it wrong,I meant max rpms. 6dsick was looking for about 6k [email protected] shift points. thought that was strange, my stock 2 bolt main 390gt motor- 5k max. but i know he's got "go fasters" built into his rebuilt,but shouldnt his shift points be at max torque and not rpm's?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's slamin the pedal down. Lincoln, I think you got confused somewhere or I had one of my awesome typos again. My Ideal RPM is at 5K not 6K. I've never gotten it over 5K with the Holley 750. Right after I replaced it with the Demon 625 the FMX crapped out. So I haven't even tried to get over the 5K mark. No real reason since torque is dieing off and HP isn't climbing to much more after that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
tach

Yeah, that's slamin the pedal down. Lincoln, I think you got confused somewhere or I had one of my awesome typos again. My Ideal RPM is at 5K not 6K. I've never gotten it over 5K with the Holley 750. Right after I replaced it with the Demon 625 the FMX crapped out. So I haven't even tried to get over the 5K mark. No real reason since torque is dieing off and HP isn't climbing to much more after that.
Im probably wrong about the rpms you stated, that was in another post. but in your video, and its hard to read your tach but i see about 3500 rpms at your shift point. Cant really see it on second pass. thats why i asked if it was wot. mine will do 5k in auto, but i wouldnt do it more than once cause my stroker is not quite ready lol

·
Registered
534 Posts
5k?

I built this with the Broader Performance 500 HP kit, the stall is a TCI Street Fighter, also a new aluminum drive shaft. First launch is in drive, 2nd launch is manual shifting at 5000.:cornut:
YouTube - 6Dsick new C6 and 2600 stall
I looked at this video about eight times and I dont see a 5k rev. Granted on your second pass,the tach is dark, but the engine revs dont sound any higher than 35k.
just trying to get clarity, dont be offended

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah you're right, it doesn't seem like the 5K I was shooting for. I think its about 4500 though. Hard to hold the camera/iphone and shift. Who's steering? Not this guy. Looks like I'll just have to try this again with the lights on. I have plans to get up to the 1/8th mile at Emerald Coast Dragway on Friday. I'm going to change the fluid and clean the filter, just to be on the safe side. I was thinking about using Royal purple. Any ideas? Right now I just have cheap Type F fluid.

·
Registered
534 Posts
try duct taping the camera to your forehead.lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
What is it stalling at? When you just mat it and before the car moves what is the tach reading? With the brake applied and the throttle flashed to wot what is the stall?

LR

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just hammering it from a dead stop with no break applied it jumps at between 2400-2600, right at what TCI said it would. Havn't tried flashing it standing on breaks yet but I'll get right on that on the way home.

Lincoln, I like your Iphone-Cranium-Attachment-Aperatus idea. I'll try that out ASAP!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
flashing

Just hammering it from a dead stop with no break applied it jumps at between 2400-2600, right at what TCI said it would. Havn't tried flashing it standing on breaks yet but I'll get right on that on the way home.

Lincoln, I like your Iphone-Cranium-Attachment-Aperatus idea. I'll try that out ASAP!:thumbsup:
flashing=power braking? never heard the term flashing before, thanks for the lesson.
btw, 6d, if it does work, ill probably try it too:yesnod:.. just remember, head level, not eye level!!!unless you plan on using the viewfinder as a scope:idea:
let us know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts