Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all! I have a 2003 F250 7.3L diesel super-duty. Last night, on the way back from an outing, my truck's check engine light came on and then stalled when I came to a stop. It started right up when I tried, but once I started to slow down, light came on again and it stalled. I made it home without it doing it again, I drove it down the road and it didn't do it again, but I have 2 small children and work 35 miles away, all freeway miles! I do not want it to do that with my kids on the freeway! Any ideas? It's NEVER done this, I've had it almost 5 years. Also, before the check engine light came on, it started running really rough, like a gas engine missing. Coughing and sputtering, and didn't like me putting my foot into the pedal at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. Not sure what that has to do with it stalling though? What does it mean "Summary: LACK OF POWER DUE TO LOW FUEL PRESSURE - FUEL TANK LINER SEPERATION. *KB"?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there April,

I have attached Recall 07S57, mentioned by Slartibartfast, for your reference.

Here is a link to Ford Motor Company to check your vehicle's VIN for any outstanding recalls.

http://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage

You could also contact your Local Ford Dealer and I am certain that any of the Service Advisor's there would be more than happy to run your VIN to check for this recall.

Hope this helps..... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hello all! I have a 2003 F250 7.3L diesel super-duty. Last night, on the way back from an outing, my truck's check engine light came on and then stalled when I came to a stop. It started right up when I tried, but once I started to slow down, light came on again and it stalled. I made it home without it doing it again, I drove it down the road and it didn't do it again, but I have 2 small children and work 35 miles away, all freeway miles! I do not want it to do that with my kids on the freeway! Any ideas? It's NEVER done this, I've had it almost 5 years. Also, before the check engine light came on, it started running really rough, like a gas engine missing. Coughing and sputtering, and didn't like me putting my foot into the pedal at all.
It will help if you post the code for the check engine light. You can not get a free scan on a diesel at autozone ect.
The cam sensor is known to do what you described....but only a couple times before it totally fails. I carry an extra one in the glove box because they can and do go out without warning too. Hope it's covered under warranty but they only cost about $25 at the dealer anyway. It takes about 10 minutes to change unless you have 2 alternators...then ughh, Big job!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information everyone!!! Even though it ran just fine on Sunday, it stalled on my way to work Monday morning, and I barely made it home, wouldn't start after that. I had it towed to the dealership, and they read the codes and determinded it was the camshaft position sendor and the recall covered it! YEAH! They took care of the cruise recall too.
Thanks again everyone!!!! :) Happy Ford girl here!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts