Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone on here can point me in the right direction. I have a 01 windstar that I need to put a 7 pin plug on for a camper trailer.The van already has the flat 4 plug in it. That I install.
I have bounced around the webs and read something on this but I can not find it again. The dipstick starts with right numbers to mean a tow package might be on this van so I am thinking there is some kind of a wiring harness some where? looked for trans cooler and there is not one. The trailer is 1950 empty and a tow weight of 2500. so i would like to use the electric brakes. Thanks for you help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there Bushanic,
The dipstick starts with right numbers to mean a tow package might be on this van so I am thinking there is some kind of a wiring harness some where?
I seem to be a little bemused these days and am not exactly sure what your are asking, but I think this is may be what you are looking for.

The Trailer Tow Connector/wiring harness, on this model Windstar, is located just right of the REM. This is located at the R/R quarter trim panel. To access it, you will need to remove that trim panel and then remove the service jack mounting bracket.

For your reference, I have also attached TSB 03-24-2 and Recall 02S33, both pertaining to the Windstar Trailer Tow Connector.

You can contact your local Ford Dealer to inquire on the Recall or you can check your VIN at the link below.

Recall Information - Ford

Hope this is what you were looking for and helps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts