Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can get one to ship over to the states?
as you can guess i want to make a "Mad Max 'Pursuit Special"...

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are several small operations here in the States and Canada importing Aussie spec Falc's. They are ore then willing to build you a repo of the "Hoon Car".

Just use a search eninge to find the subject, they are there. it costs about $US5K000 jto bring one over, have it inspected by the US Feds, and registered if you do it yourself. I bought my XC after it was over here so I saved on shipping.

And by the way, the XA, XB, and XC in OZ were built like the "throwaway" US cars of the era (Maverick, Fairmont, etc.). It's getting hard to find good ones in OZ and NZ.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are several small operations here in the States and Canada importing Aussie spec Falc's. They are ore then willing to build you a repo of the "Hoon Car".

Just use a search eninge to find the subject, they are there. it costs about $US5K000 jto bring one over, have it inspected by the US Feds, and registered if you do it yourself. I bought my XC after it was over here so I saved on shipping.

And by the way, the XA, XB, and XC in OZ were built like the "throwaway" US cars of the era (Maverick, Fairmont, etc.). It's getting hard to find good ones in OZ and NZ.
considering how they were a mix of a torino and mustang 2... i think that's why i like the body...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Actually the Aussie Falc styling would have been built in North America had Lido not come in and saying Americans wanted boxy styling, like the Granada and the Chrysler products built during the start of his employment at Chrysler. What's really funny is that "hip wing" styling of the 70's Maverick/Torinos. Aussie Falc was the brainchild of several ex-GM designers who had been hired by Ford.

Would U.S. Ford had sold more cars if the hip wing styling had continued (remember the Granada was supposed to have replaced the Maverick in 1973 but the Ford bean counters kept the Maverick alive by selling the Granada as a different sized car.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably

1 - 6 of 6 Posts