Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i tell? my dad has been cloning cars for so long, how can i tell if he did it to that one too? i want to shock the hell out of him by knowing the difference...

thank you!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I could be wrong, but the only difference in 79 was the trim package. no difference in engine or drivetrain parts.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh. 79 was the last year for them right? i think jonzo said something about the durango in 1980?

·
Registered
534 Posts
the durango was a ranchero-like vehicle based on the fairmont. fox body platform probably made them not a good heavy load rated vehicle think they were offered from 78-82. probably couldnt be named ranchero caused its introduction didnt coinside with the already existing ranchero design,made to compete with the plymouth counterpart-the dodge rampage and plymouth scamp.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't forget the el camino and GMC Caballero...

·
Registered
534 Posts
ranchero

don't forget the el camino and GMC Caballero...
I didnt mean to exclude them, but i was just stating the fact that the dodge-plymouth was in competition with the durango-unibody. the gmc were full frame vehicles like the ranchero. i would never compare the el camino with the Durango.:smile5:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh. i saw a durango last year with jon. i thought it looked like his car...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there Ford lovers......I'm looking for 78-79 Ford Ranchero Tach gauge and heat gauge.Live in Canada.Anyone know where I can find these?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my Ranchero, it is sporting a newly rebuilt 351w with aluminum heads 202 valves and 190cc runners, hooker headers full length, 40 over bore, 262 XE comp cam with 1.6 rockers and performer intake. I wanted the torque low for street driving, 1300 to 5,600 RPM. It is a pretty decent driver with front rear sway bars, new shocks and a full frame vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts