Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am cleaning the fuel system after changing the low pressure pump and cleaning the tank in my 88 Bronco. I tried to flush the lines from the fuel reservoir to the injectors, but didn't get all the crap out and fouled the injectors. I have cleaned the injectors, fuel rail, and fuel throttle , replacing vacuum lines, and the lines that supply the fuel rail. The old nylon hose was very hard, and the quick disconnects were not quick anymore. I had to cut the lines off and almost stand on the disconnects to get them to release. My question is what is the correct way to re-attach the new nylon tubing? I tried boiling water and steam but it didn't get hot enough. I had to resort to a heat gun, but it was very tricky. There seems to be a very small temperature window that allows the tubing to be soft enough to slip onto the barbed disconnect fitting, and not allowing it to buckle. I finally got them on, but now I am wondering if I damaged the tubing allowing it to leak. I am pretty sure I am not the only one that has had a problem with this. Any advice?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts