Reference: - 89 Ford e150 conversion van by Bivouac | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Reference: 89 Ford e150 conversion van by Bivouac

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JRW, Jun 27, 2020.

1. JRW

JRW New Member

Having difficulty with dash climate control,the sliding lever type.AC blows from vents although a/c is not yet charged,but theissue is when it is slid over to vents,it stops blowing from the vents.Found a what appears to be a white vacuum line coming thru the firewall on the passenger side firewall,but broken off and cannot find anywhere to reconnect this line in the engine bay.I have the dash somewhat apart and can see the colored vacuum lines and from what I can find on line,the white line is for recirculation,vent but please help if possible.I be looked since last year in good weather,but I'm about to give up.Thanks Guys
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

From the 1989 Ford Truck shop manual Volume A book 2 of 2.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-FORD-...282095?hash=item5483ab1c6f:g:pyMAAOSwOWdesEcb
    Know that there is an engine manual and all of it can be had on a CD. But all of mine are in hard copy. (I am a bit old school)

The line from the engine to inside the van is black. It has a Tee to a vacuum can before it gets inside the van. Then to the HVAC control head at port #7

There is a white striped vacuum line. It goes from the control head port #1 to the outside recirc door motor.

There are 3 other vacuum lines
    red striped
    Yellow striped
    Blue striped

The control head has 8 ports. Two are not used
    Ports are numbered 1 thru 4 and 6 thru 9
    Have no idea why there is no #5

IF the van conversion has rear air that is not factory, there may be some changes from the factory hose colors.

Hope this helps

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020