Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have done my research and upgrading my motor to a 5.8 is a go. I called my friend at Ford and he told me some things to look for and i found out the 5.8 is a little larger but should work for the motor came in the truck. I am hoping to call on you guys when i get into a little trouble, for example motor mount does anyone know if i have to change them over to the 5.8 mounts, will i have to fabricate something? I know i have to change the accessorie mount, no big deal like 2 on there. So does anyone have any suggestion before i get started ... and i will be taking pictures of the swap ...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Motor mount are good, they're both windsor blocks. I may be wrong, but most of the truck acc. mounts look like they are windsor universal, with two sets of holes in the cast bracket. Exhaust might be able to be splayed out enough to bolt to the 351 manifolds, the 351 is wider by a 2-3 inches.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to check with you experts out there before i make the offer on this vechicle. I found a 92 Bronco 5.8 that is a possible donor truck that has total front end damage. Damage didn't quite meet the motor, but did find it way to the fan ... so i will have to replace, the one in my truck will probably suffice for a donor. Anyway the oil filter was damaged, so no oil in motor, start right up, no noise, only ran for a second ... didn't move it. what do you guys think, should this head off to my 89 F-250 or should i pass, again the bronco is a total loss.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If the bronco is a total, and the engine is good, I say go for it! you could probably part what's left of the bronco out and get back some of your cash, maybe even come out ahead! picking up the whole truck is the way to go, that way you have everything you need right there, that will eliminate a bunch of extra trips to the parts store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts