Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my 94 F-150 is starting to give me issues. It's a real clean truck, has under 100,000 miles on it. Inline 6 5 speed manual 2wheel drive.
However, It has low compression and is losing power. Low compression would mean worn pistons/rings/ or valves in the heads correct? The truck isn't really worth putting alot of money into, but i can't afford a new one. advice? is there a simple temporary fix i could do to keep the truck reliable for another 2 years or so?

·
Registered
35 Posts
do a compression test and write down the numbers, then put 1 Teaspoon of oil in each cylinder, and re do the compression test, if the numbers go up you have worn rings/cylinder walls, if they stay the same its just a burnt or leaky valve. Valve problems are usually easy to fix too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
and if it is valves ... there are some shops that will rebuild a complete head for around $150. a couple hours of wrench twisting a couple gaskets could be worth it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could do the valves yourself for dirt cheap, or if your really lazy you can get a set of good heads at pick n pull for about $100

1 - 4 of 4 Posts