Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 Ford Explorer i’m toying with the idea of buying one of my only issue is we all know they get very bad gas mileage and I was wondering if anybody knew where I could go and research how to increase the gas mileage thanks Tom

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Depending on how the Explorer is equipped and how you drive it the fuel economy will range from 15 to 18 in the city and 20 to 22 on the highway.

The best thing to do to improve fuel economy is to make sure it is well maintained.
Clean air and fuel filters
Fresh spark plugs
Fresh O2 sensors
Air up tires
And generally good mechanical condition

Action

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Depending on how the Explorer is equipped and how you drive it the fuel economy will range from 15 to 18 in the city and 20 to 22 on the highway.

The best thing to do to improve fuel economy is to make sure it is well maintained.
Clean air and fuel filters
Fresh spark plugs
Fresh O2 sensors
Air up tires
And generally good mechanical condition

Action
OK let me get my story straight I am sorry I’m working on aFord bronco 1995 and yes I know the difference I have an explorer question how do I get better gas mileage they come with 302 it’s 190 horse and all the ones I’m looking at quite a bit of miles I’m probably going to rebuild the engine

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Either of those vehicles will be the same. Making sure it is well cared for will achieve the best fuel economy. Bronco is more likely to have 4X4 than the Explorer. And the 4X4 option will consume more fuel. If there is a choice between automatic or manual transmission, the automatic will get better fuel economy because of electronics and over drive. The manual transmission will have neither.

Action

1 - 4 of 4 Posts