Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok some of you may remember that I posted on the old site about this, but I want to do a fresh start here.

A/C not working in the rear, I've had to manually switch it over to blow from the roof vents as I have no vacuum at the actuator behind the second row panel. I haven't been able to check for vacuum under the van yet as I can't get the hose to come loose. Also I think the actuator itself is bad since I can't get it to hold vacuum, guessing the internal diaphragm is shot.

A/C lines are nice and cold in at the rear unit so that tells me I'm getting freon back there.

On to the questions. Is there a way to manually switch the rear system to A/C from heat, cause it's blowing nice hot air out! Or should I be removing the entire panel (front to back) and opening the unit up and checking for blockages somewhere? BTW I don't care if the system gets stuck on A/C, even in the winter.

If you have any pictures of your solutions that will be a great help.

Also, I should note the front A/C is nice and cold, but I don't have a probe thermometer so I can't get you the temp.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Yup I sure did the other day, but completely forgot about it today! I'm going to have to pull that switch up front and check it!

Feel like a total idiot now. Should take my own advice and SEARCH first! LOL.

Don't suppose we could get that copied and stickied to the Windstar forum also could we? I keep forgetting we have sub-forums for different vehicle systems and automatically go to the vehicle specific secton.

Thanks for reminding me about Poppy's post.

BTW, feel free to delete this entire thread, no need to clutter up the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts