Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubby found a leak on my car yesterday. Its kinda hard to explain. the pipe that runs on the back of the fire wall, fromt he heater core to the engine. he wants to cut the pipe, bypass it and rehook it up with a hose. we looked all over the ford site and i guess they don't make that part anymore.

will this work. by cutting the pipe and then bypassing the leak and reattaching it to the pipe again?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If he is just cutting out the damaged part of the pipe and replacing it with heater hose,I see nothing wrong with that repair.Justmake sure the hose doesn't sag and get damaged or you'll be in the same predicament.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I think you are referring to the heater bypass hose. I am sure that is still available from a ford dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to late he cut the pipe. but did found a small hole i mean small. he is now attaching a hose from the engine to the pipe. will see if it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep thats the part we have been looking for. but so far the hose is just holding fine. there was a pin size rust hole in that pipe.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If it is around a 99 model taurus, the part your looking for is a F6DZ18B402AA and it is available just about everywhere. I sell about 1 a month. They run close to $100.00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same issue with my 2001, but mine was rusted just in the elbow of to connection pipes. So I couldn't do the bypass method. Glad it worked out for you, but keep an eye on those tubes rot like crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I had to replace that same tubing on my 2000 Taurus when I had it. Hope the tubing works for you, mine was rusted too much. I recommend looking over all your tubing real well. If there was one tiny rust hole, there is another one that's gonna be showing up real soon. I would go to the dealer (only place that had it) and pick one up when I had the chance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
IMO, just get a pice of used for coolant hose, cut and put it in, will work. Pressure in cooling system is not more 2 bar, so will not blow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts