Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out why on my wife's 99 SE the power locks and keyless remote pad dont work. And why the locks seem to have a mind of their own. This has been going on since I bought it in the Fall of 2009. I found the PATS module behind the radio. While looking for the RAP module under the dash, I found evidence that the car may have had a remote start in the past. There are cut wires spliced into a harness under the trim panel on the inside under the drivers door and on the wiring at the brake pedal. So now I think the PATS may be bypassed. Does anyone know how this is done? And can I reverse it, or put it back to normal?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there Icefan71,

Yes, you can reverse the "re-wiring" mess and put it back to normal. Everything is possible.

I am attaching power door lock, power distribution and ground distribution wiring diagrams specific to a 1999 Taurus.

This may sound a little silly, as the obvious appears to be a wiring issue for the door locks and keyless entry, however, you might also want to check your fuses and grounds..... just a thought..... :)

Here is the Forums "How to" on the subject.

http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/electrical-lighting/128-howto-check-your-fuses.html

By the way, you didn't mention if you located the RAP Module - in the event you did not, it is located below the instrument panel on Left Hand side above brake pedal.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prints, Miss. They are very helpful. After looking some more, I did find a ground wire that was cut. Don't know where it came from. Also found an unplugged single black wire thats definitly not factory. Don't know what that was for either. I opened a big can of worms!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks for the prints, Miss.
No problem, happy to help. If you need any more just give out a holler.... :yesnod:

I opened a big can of worms!!
I know EXACTLY how you feel - been there done that! At least the weather is a little more agreeable for you there Icefan71, mine was an outdoor February 40 below fix..... :yikes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts