Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my SVT has a bad rear left ABS speed sensor. I can't find one anywhere that isn't used. Is there another one I can use?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
I am the messenger not the seller.

The SVT has a lot of changes over the Mustang GT.
Most of the changes are in the engine with some body and suspension changes.
The 4.6l DOHC engine was first used in Mark VIII in '93. By the time it was finally made for Mustang (model year 1996) that engine was in it's second generation. For the SVT that engine was for the most part hand built.

I believe the ABS system was optional on regular Mustang and and standard on SVT.
I might be able to look up the Ford part. I think I have parts books to 2000. (I may be wrong)
I usually do research on much older models.

And reaching out to Rock Auto would be best. They are selling the HOLSTEIN part. (Not a Ford part mind you) They should have a far better idea than I

Action

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
Thanks Dominick. That base number will speed my search when I get home

Action

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Cross Interchange Parts
FactoryNumber
AIRTEX5S6049
CARQUEST72-5676
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTSALS124
FORDF9ZZ-2C190-CB
ACDelco19236183
BWDABS235

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
The only number I checked around for was the Ford number none to be found
He may try
the other numbers in his area

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
The parts catalogs I have are to model year 1989. I have nothing newer than that.

Action

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I stopped by the mechanic and picked up the sensor that is bad. That way I have a visual that will help to find the right sensor. I send out a pic and length of the sensor tomorrow.

Thanks guys for helping me with this. I have a 60 Falcon Ranchero, a 67 and 87 mustang and a 74 Maverick Grabber. Never thought It would be tough to get modern car parts and for that matter a 99 Cobra as a classic car in a couple years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts