Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. It has roughly 87k miles on it. My wife drives it every day and she keep the climate control on auto and we adjust the temp for comfort. Today I noticed it was getting warm in the car. It's over 90 here today. I turned the temp down and the blower picked up in speed like it should but the air was just trickling out of the vents. I switched in amd out of recirculating air in and out of auto and switched through all different vents. Fan speed increased and decreased as it should vents switched to the different locations but still just trickled out. Did something get knocked loose? I can hear the air blowing hard in the dash but it will not come out of the vents very much. Thanks everyone in advance for any help you can offer!

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,568 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Most of the doors are vacuum operated.
Vacuum to the system may have been interrupted. This will show up as all air coming out the defrost vents. The vacuum line under the hood was disconnected or under the instrument panel.
A vacuum line could have been knock off to a specific door motor. This would be under the instrument panel on either side.
Debris got down the defrost vent and is not blocking a door
Or a vent hose/tube has become disconnected.

Report back if the majority of air is blowing out the defrost vent

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
1978 Ford F-250 Super Cab With 351M/C6 Auto
74 Posts
Hello all, I have a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid. It has roughly 87k miles on it. My wife drives it every day and she keep the climate control on auto and we adjust the temp for comfort. Today I noticed it was getting warm in the car. It's over 90 here today. I turned the temp down and the blower picked up in speed like it should but the air was just trickling out of the vents. I switched in amd out of recirculating air in and out of auto and switched through all different vents. Fan speed increased and decreased as it should vents switched to the different locations but still just trickled out. Did something get knocked loose? I can hear the air blowing hard in the dash but it will not come out of the vents very much. Thanks everyone in advance for any help you can offer!
Mice!!! I would inspect for mice in the system. I bought my son a new car 2 years ago for college graduation and about a month and a half after he got it, the air conditioning started doing what your describing. So I had him take it to the dealer thinking warranty and they said the duct work was full of mouse nesting. Well it cost me $250 to have it all removed and cleaned out because that wasn't a warranty issue, but it worked like a dream afterwards. Logically, if the doors or flaps inside were malfunctioning the air would be blowing out somewhere, just maybe not the right hole. But if the blower is running and nothing is coming out, then something is blocking it...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Josh -
My 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid is doing the same exact thing. Sometimes it blows out the vents and sometimes it sounds like it's working, but no air comes out of the vents. I recently went on an 8 hour trip, and the ac was fine. Then the other day I only drove for 1 hour and the ac stopped blowing out the vent. After about 15 minutes it started working again. I have tried turning the car off then on, but that doesn't always work. Seems like it might be more of a computer issue since it happens so randomly. Have you been able to solve this weird ac issue?

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,568 Posts
Josh -
My 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid is doing the same exact thing. Sometimes it blows out the vents and sometimes it sounds like it's working, but no air comes out of the vents.

Have you been able to solve this weird ac issue?
Welcome to the FFO!

Josh has not been back here since 2020. So .....

When you hear the fan working and no air is coming out of the vents, reach out to the defroster vent to feel if any air is coming out there. Typically the defrost position is the default position should the system experience issues.

If that is what is happening, either a vacuum motor is not getting enough vacuum signal. Or an electric motor for a HVAC door is not working. Or it is working intermittently.

Action

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like maybe the evaporator is icing up...do you get a large puddle of condensate water under the car after you park?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts