Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It worked first time we used it after buying this RV. This is the engine A/C not the roof top. But wouldn't come on the next time we tried it. I tested for pressure in the line, no problem. Where is the cut off switch for it. With 27000 miles the compressor should be ok. i have checked all fuses and relays no problem.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Try tapping the clutch on the compressor with the engine running AC on. If it comes on it may need the air gap adjusted but at 27K that's doubtful.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I would expect to see power (12-14v) at the cycle switch when the A/C is requested. From there, the power is routed to the high pressure cut off switch, then on down to the compressor. Of course any circuit is only as good as it's ground, which terminates at G101 and/or G114.

You will find the cycle switch hiding on the accumulator, which is tucked into the right inner fender area. The high pressure cutoff switch is on the high pressure line, just upstream of the H/S service port.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The relay is usually the last switch before the compressor

This is because the the relay protects all the switches from the high amperage required to run the clutch. Check the voltage across the relay (usually the larger pins). It should be 12V if the AC is on. Jumper it. If the clutch kicks in, either the relay is bad of the relay is not getting a signal to engage the AC clutch coil circuit.

Check the voltage across the relay switch pins (usually smaller pins). If the high and low pressure switch are on (or jumped) the voltage shoudl be 12V. If the voltage from the relay switch pin is 12V, and the clutch is not engaged, you either have a bad clutch coil, too wide a clutch gap, bad relay, or bad ground to the clutch coil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find out what was wrong with it? My.buddy has an 02 rv with thr v10 trition motor and is having the same problem... His compressor is not engaging. Any help would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Vette4Life04,
It doesn't matter what HIS particular problem/solution was, your friend's can be any of the issues mentioned above in this thread. Therefore your friend should check out each of the items mentioned above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts