Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 Expedition 5.4 liter Eddie Bauer. When I start the engine and turn the AC on MAX AC it takes 5 minutes almost to the second for the air to start blowing from the front vents. Is this normal? Where I live it's 100 degrees or more 5 months out of the year and this can get rather annoying.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you have Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, try pulling codes. If not, you may have a vacuum leak. But 5 minutes to the second? Wierd. Not normal for sure.

Give a good long look for vacuum lines and a vacuum tee around the rear of the battery. Bethcha got a vacuum leak. The hard black vacuum lines love to split/crack.

http://www.fordforumsonline.com/for...onic-automatic-temperature-control-codes.html

·
Registered
338 Posts
I second Leak ... i have never tried it on enviromentals but i check for vacum leaks on the motor by spraying wd40 on the vacum lines, However, when i do this i hear the motor change and know where the leak is ... if the technique will work then you might just have to have someone sit in the truck to see it the vents change at all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the input. Very interesting about the Electronic Automatic Temperature Conrol Codes. Going to test for leaks as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The troubleshooting process begins with connecting manifold gauges. I expect that you will find the system to be low on refrigerant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts