Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2004 crown vic lx that recently started having problems with the air not blowing through the vents. At first it was once or twice when you turned off the car and turned it back on it would work now it doesn't blow at all. Also about the same time the windshield wipers started to only work on high, also intermittent and when you shut the car off and turned it back on it started working again. Once the automatic headlights started blinking on and off in the middle of the day, but I havent seen that problem for a while either...any ideas would be helpful. Are these related?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Bad ground is my guess. Start with the battery connections then look for the grounds wires hooked to the radiator support and at the firewall. Be sure to look for the Engine to body ground strap.

Also, there are 2 grounds behind the kick panels inside the car. They are located down by the feet of both driver and passenger. They might need to be removed to see them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cuda Jim is on the right track. The grounds are common between the headlamps and the blower controller relay. It is G102 and located on the right hand fender near the fuse box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts