Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 64 fairlane has a 1970 302 in it. I am having trouble hooking up the accelerator cause the engine has a edelbrock performer intake, with no where to bolt anything i was wondering how to hook it up so when i push the gas pedal down it will open the carb up all the way. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
338 Posts
It depends if you when you push on pedal you push or pull on the butterflies, there is a throttle linkage kit available from edelbrock.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go to your favorite catalog distributor and look up edelbrock # 1491. I know its for a 351, but you should be headed in the right direction. should be around $20, I found one at a swap meet a month ago for $1.00. Rich

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when the pedal is pushed its pulling the carb open but just barely, thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figured out a easy way to do it if you put a 302 in a 64 fairlane what i did is get a gas pedal, cable and the brackets off a 84 ford truck, drilled 3 holes in the floor for pedal and ran cable through the factory gas pedal hole. Thanks for the info though guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts