Welcome to the FFO!

Factory brakes or something else?
Factory powertrain or something else?

Action

Reactions: TBIRD430

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I am not sure about the brakes, disc in the front, drum in the rear.
It is getting a 347 stroker with AFR aluminum heads, performer intake and holley 4 barrel. MSD ignition and just for emergencies, 150 shot of nitrious.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
A place like Summit should have what you want

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
I purchase most of my parts from Summit. There are many that will work, if they fit in the space required.
Hopefully someone with a 4th gen Fairlane that has done a significant power train HP increase with a booster/Master cylinder upgrade and reads this forum replies.

If you're seeking one that fits in the space, that can be found on the website too.

Action

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a dual master cylinder, brand new out of the box, from AutoKrafters-
MC1504KDUAL - RESERVOIR MASTER CYLINDER KIT - DRUM (MC1504K)
Vehicle: Ford - Fairlane - 1966
1$109.95$10.00$99.95
Order Notes:
If you buy it, I'll sell it at list price, and I'll pay the shipping. I bought it, opened the box, looked at it, and never got around to even trying to install it. I'm at [email protected]. Thanks,

Brian

· Registered
6 Posts
I am building a 1965 Fairlane 500 hotrod.
Has anyone added a brake booster and mastercylinder to one of these? I am looking for suggestions on size that will fit.
Thank you
Look at a parts list for a 1967 fairlane. Front disk brakes with dual bowl master and booster. The dual bowl master and a divider circuit is much safer than the old single bowl.

Attachments

· Registered
670 Posts
Look at a parts list for a 1967 fairlane. Front disk brakes with dual bowl master and booster. The dual bowl master and a divider circuit is much safer than the old single bowl.
Good suggestion.
Other thoughts to consider: Headers? Manual transmission(?), and if so, the type of clutch may be a factor when it comes to fitting the booster.
This guy is well respected. Certainly worth looking at his site depending on how much "period correct" or possibly access to over the counter replacement parts matters to you.
9 years ago I bought a kit for now sold '66 Mustang from this outfit, included the upgrade with bigger rotors which leads to at least 15" wheels and different spindles and tie rods. Worked well, though I regretted getting talked into power assist (just a personal thing for me).
Finally, a recent thread on a different forum pointed to Wilwood.
Kevin

· Registered
1,407 Posts
4 wheel drums/ 71 Maverick master
Ft disk R drum /76 Maverick master
4 wheel disks/ 67 Corvette manual master
SSB has power masters for all the above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts