Ford Automobiles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket Distance to empty gauge Focus 2006?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Poppy 
#1 ·
Ok, so a friend and me are going to Pittsburgh in 2 months, and this time it's my turn to drive. is there any gauge out there that is after market that is made for a Ford Focus, is a Distance Till empty gauge? And little else, I really don't want to drop close to $160 on a Scangauge 2 since the car's bone stock and I don't need it for anything other than the DTE.

I ask because having been a pasanger along this route in years past, there are gas stations on the route but they are far between and I don't want to be caught having to walk 30+ miles of highway to get back to the last gas station.

Pantherman

#2 ·
why don't you top it off around 1/4 tank so you don't have to worry about it?

#3 ·
I agree with Jonzo. Also it is a good idea to get out and walk around the car a few times every 2-3 hours to reduce the chance of blood clots developing in the legs.

#6 ·
I would save the money and use trip meter,you should know what you get to a tankful.

#7 ·
I would save the money and use trip meter,you should know what you get to a tankful.
that makes sense to me... and like i said, that car should get phenominal fuel mileage anyways. where are you coming from that you're worried about the fuel anyways? even in the desert you shouldn't have to worry about that...

#8 ·
No, I don't know the mileage with the car loaded down with 2+ people and a trunk full of luggage because I don't drive around with that.

But you know what? I came here expecting serious answers for a serious question, not to be playing 20 questions with 2 people I don't even know.

Forget I asked, I'll go elsewhere.....

#9 ·
Figure you'll get 20 miles per gallon (you'll probably do better than that), and that you have a 13 gallon tank. SO you can get 250 miles to a tank and have ten miles to look for a gas station. To maintain a 1/4 tank reserve in a 13 gallon tank is 3.3 gallons @ approx $2.75 per gallon; that comes to $9.08

If you do not have a $10 buffer, you probably should not make the trip. What if the car needs more serious repairs?

I am sorry that you are so financially strapped. That however doesn't give you the right to get snippy with people who are trying to help you dispite the fact that they do not know you.

Have a nice trip and keep a little extra gas in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.