·
Registered
1,313 Posts
What parts are taking about?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMC truck and Dennis Carpenter restorations parts both offer various types of Interior, Exterior, Electrical parts needed for restoring our precious Ford trucks.
Dennis Carpenter will indicate on their site when the parts are USA made, I do not believe that LMC truck does the same (?) so I am curious as to the QUALITY of the parts that are offered in those cases. I am getting ready to make a substantial purchase of Dennis Carpenter parts for my 1966 Ford truck project and I was trying to find out if anyone had used BOTH of those vendors and what the opinion is of the QUALITY of the parts ................. ?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
LMC truck and Dennis Carpenter restorations parts both offer various types of Interior, Exterior, Electrical parts needed for restoring our precious Ford trucks.
Dennis Carpenter will indicate on their site when the parts are USA made, I do not believe that LMC truck does the same (?) so I am curious as to the QUALITY of the parts that are offered in those cases. I am getting ready to make a substantial purchase of Dennis Carpenter parts for my 1966 Ford truck project and I was trying to find out if anyone had used BOTH of those vendors and what the opinion is of the QUALITY of the parts ................. ?
Dennis Carpenter is a Ford dealer depot
as far as I know they are Ford only
Just ask them
Sometime they like to keep some of there parts for their own projects
I tried getting a stone deflector for a 51 Merc from them and at the time he was restoring one himself

·
Super Moderator
13,254 Posts
Many times they are they same part!
So Iowan's question becomes relevant.
Making a blanket statement over all parts isn't accurate

Dennis Carpenter makes parts and they sell their parts and wholesale their parts.
It is very possible you can buy a Dennis Carpenter part made by Dennis Carpenter at LMC.
As far as I know LMC does not make parts they are a wholesaler and buy in bulk from a variety of makers to sell retail to the public. Depending on the part would be an accurate question.

Now both are in business to stay in business. If either were selling parts that the public did not like, they either need to stop selling those parts, replace those parts or eventually go out of business.

>>>>>>Action

Reactions: KRAM SALLISAC

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I know this about Dennis Carpenter
The Shop I'm associated with sold a tractor supply parts inventory to them
and we have bought from them
Like I said talk to them
I have

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many times they are they same part!
So Iowan's question becomes relevant.
Making a blanket statement over all parts isn't accurate

Dennis Carpenter makes parts and they sell their parts and wholesale their parts.
It is very possible you can buy a Dennis Carpenter part made by Dennis Carpenter at LMC.
As far as I know LMC does not make parts they are a wholesaler and buy in bulk from a variety of makers to sell retail to the public. Depending on the part would be an accurate question.

Now both are in business to stay in business. If either were selling parts that the public did not like, they either need to stop selling those parts, replace those parts or eventually go out of business.

>>>>>>Action
Yes I fully agree with you guys ......... I was not aware that LMC vendored parts through Dennis Carpenter ! Always learn something new ......
I just ordered stuff from both of them , hope I’m not disappointed !
Of course there is the standard bit now about how parts are delayed due to COVID 19 virus ..........

·
Super Moderator
13,254 Posts
Much of the delay I am finding is because employees are staying home and not coming to work. So some employers are running short staffed.

>>>>>>Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts