Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SRS light went on last week on my 2008 Ford Fusion. I ordered an OBD2 scanner (the Autel Autolink AL619) to read the SRS code. When I plugged it into my Ford, it read codes B2293-A0, B2295, B2295-E0, and B1318-A0.

After reading the codes, I then turned the car off. I took a look at my Ford owner's manual to get some information about the airbag system. There, I found some instructions about what to do when the SRS light goes on. The manual suggested that I look under the driver and passenger seats to see if anything was affecting the wiring. I noticed that the padded insulation on one of the wires under the passenger seat was coming off. I moved the wiring around gently to try to fix the issue. When I turned my car back on, the SRS was no longer lit. I thought this was strange, so I plugged in my OBD scanner again. Now the scanner is returning codes B2293-A0, B2295-A0, and B1318-A0.

I turned my car on and off several more times to confirm that the SRS light did not come back on. I also consistently get the same codes (B2293-A0, B2295-A0, and B1318-A0) when I plug in my scanner.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate any thoughts on --
  1. Since the SRS light has gone off, do I have to worry about the airbag codes anymore?
  2. If it is an issue with the wiring under the passenger seat, should I be concerned that the wiring is faulty and will not deploy the airbag if there is a crash?
  3. How can I tell whether the B2293-A0 and B2295-A0 are referring to the driver airbags or the passenger airbags? I got my passenger airbags replaced last year in the recall, and I am wondering if they might still be covered by warranty.
Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
The SRS light went on last week on my 2008 Ford Fusion. I ordered an OBD2 scanner (the Autel Autolink AL619) to read the SRS code. When I plugged it into my Ford, it read codes B2293-A0, B2295, B2295-E0, and B1318-A0.

After reading the codes, I then turned the car off. I took a look at my Ford owner's manual to get some information about the airbag system. There, I found some instructions about what to do when the SRS light goes on. The manual suggested that I look under the driver and passenger seats to see if anything was affecting the wiring. I noticed that the padded insulation on one of the wires under the passenger seat was coming off. I moved the wiring around gently to try to fix the issue. When I turned my car back on, the SRS was no longer lit. I thought this was strange, so I plugged in my OBD scanner again. Now the scanner is returning codes B2293-A0, B2295-A0, and B1318-A0.

I turned my car on and off several more times to confirm that the SRS light did not come back on. I also consistently get the same codes (B2293-A0, B2295-A0, and B1318-A0) when I plug in my scanner.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate any thoughts on --
  1. Since the SRS light has gone off, do I have to worry about the airbag codes anymore?
  2. If it is an issue with the wiring under the passenger seat, should I be concerned that the wiring is faulty and will not deploy the airbag if there is a crash?
  3. How can I tell whether the B2293-A0 and B2295-A0 are referring to the driver airbags or the passenger airbags? I got my passenger airbags replaced last year in the recall, and I am wondering if they might still be covered by warranty.
Thank you so much for your help!
Did you reset the system?

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
B2293
Restraint System Air Bag Malfunction

B1318-00
Battery Voltage Low

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response, Dominick. I didn't reset the system. Should I try clearing the codes?

Also, is there any way for me to tell whether the B2293 code is referring to the driver or passenger airbag?

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Thanks for your response, Dominick. I didn't reset the system. Should I try clearing the codes?

Also, is there any way for me to tell whether the B2293 code is referring to the driver or passenger airbag?
I would try to clear them
I think you can just take your negative cable off and let it sit for a while
Then start it up
let it idle until warmed up
and then take it for a nice little ride as it relearns the system
On that code it didn't say which side
I was doing some reading and you did the right thing in repairing the wiring
One article I read was related to in inboard belt buckle going bad or has something in it
If yours is so equipped
Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would try to clear them
I think you can just take your negative cable off and let it sit for a while
Then start it up
let it idle until warmed up
and then take it for a nice little ride as it relearns the system
On that code it didn't say which side
I was doing some reading and you did the right thing in repairing the wiring
One article I read was related to in inboard belt buckle going bad or has something in it
If yours is so equipped
Good Luck

Thanks so much for your help, Dominick!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts