Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the right size red battery cable ,coming from alternator to mega fuse on large fuse box.

Will this work Red 2 Foot 4/0 AWG Battery Cable by Spartan Power ?

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
Four gauge will be more than sufficient.
That gauge size is the size of battery cables on the 1960s & 1970s.

Action

Reactions: scrambledlife

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
Two gauge would work. It is thicker. May be difficult to install.

You might only need 10 gauge or larger

Action

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to buy some stuff from sams club and cross from there is a ford dealer.I asked for the cable from part salesman which ford discontinued this cable but he told me what you need 10 to 12 gauge ,anything less like 2 to 4 gauge that they sell at part stores it would be too thick.Action you were right on the money(y).What he said it made me very happy to be here.Now wish me luck to find 2 feet 12 gauge cable.

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
I would get 10 gauge. 12 is a bit small.
Bulk wire at a electronic shop or may be fast moving parts stores.

Any lace that sells auto sound systems. Cause those guys need lots of wiring and some of it has to carry a lot of current.

Ford dealership, yeah not something they carry. Even current model year they would have to order it. You can make it faster than that and have it be in any color or size you want.
Speaking of color, if you have the choice make it yellow or black. As I believe that is the stock color.
Which is easier to trace a problem in the future a decade from now if there is a problem.

Action

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
That should work

Action

1 - 11 of 11 Posts