Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, my '64 Fairlane has her original radio and heater controls. Between the two, looks like the tab of a bracket from the heater controls. However, there's holes there but no screw holes behind it. Is this the way it's supposed to be or is something missing? Anybody got of photo of theirs showing what's supposed to be there? Photo attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,867 Posts
Reactions: Dominick 1

·
Super Moderator
12,867 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw man! Bummer. Thought it was the original. I've suspected she had some other parts from another car too. She's still a beautiful car and in great condition though. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,867 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Anybody know if the knob and button spacing are the same between the 62 and the 64? My knobs are in much better shape than that used one. If the bezel is in decent shape, it'd be worth it to buy the radio just for the correct bezel.

·
Super Moderator
12,867 Posts
Yes they are all interchangable. Even full sixe Ford radios fit that opening and spacing all the way to 1968. (With a couple of Lincoln exceptions) It is a standard Ford radio spacing for that era.

>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys! Anybody know if the knob and button spacing are the same between the 62 and the 64? My knobs are in much better shape than that used one. If the bezel is in decent shape, it'd be worth it to buy the radio just for the correct bezel.
1962-1964 Ford radio would have the same center to center knob spacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts