Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Jacob and i just joined up here. I've been a member on fairmont302 for a long time, and decided to finally sign up here instead of just lurking around. I currently have two fairmonts, both 83 futuras, one 4dr sedan, and one 2dr coupe. I am retiring the 4dr though, so if anyone is interested in getting it, or parts, let me know. Otherwise I told my girlfriend she could buy it from me for $450 haha. Anyways, they are both i6 200's with what i believe are the dreaded c5 trannys unfortunately. But the coupe atleast had a full rebuild and slightly bored out. So it at least makes me feel like its got a little more pep.

·
Super Moderator
1,035 Posts
Hi all, my name is Jacob and i just joined up here. I've been a member on fairmont302 for a long time, and decided to finally sign up here instead of just lurking around. I currently have two fairmonts, both 83 futuras, one 4dr sedan, and one 2dr coupe. I am retiring the 4dr though, so if anyone is interested in getting it, or parts, let me know. Otherwise I told my girlfriend she could buy it from me for $450 haha. Anyways, they are both i6 200's with what i believe are the dreaded c5 trannys unfortunately. But the coupe atleast had a full rebuild and slightly bored out. So it at least makes me feel like its got a little more pep.
Welcome eignub.....make yourself at home here. We have a very active site here and a lot of great people. You know, the Fairmont forum here has the most posts then any other car on this site.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Glad to see you guys here! Hey Canyon, aren't you on FEP as well?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good to see you made it over!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
wait, there is a fairmont302 site?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i just registered. they don't seem very active...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
one thing i noticed is that over here, we have WAY more fun. like some of our random BS threads... that's why i wouldn't make it in FEP, that and my car is too much of a slut to be pure. riding in her is almost literally just like riding with every car she's been parked next to...:lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you think a C5 is a bad thing, you don't understand what a C5 is. Its basically the samne as a c4 internally, slight differences. So a C5 is a good thing and can be built exactly the same as a C4. Now if you are talking a C3 ( which you shouldn't be, not with an '83 ) then I would agree with you.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts