Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Got the 03 Duratec at 60K and flushed trans, started to grab 4th gear early and jump back right to third when cold right after. Couple summers ago in real heat, it started having a hard time going into drive and would jolt when you hit the gas after a long time idling. Now the car is at 96k. When driving down a hill at a decent speed, after a few seconds the cars idle jumps down like its trying to slow down the car, as it should. Now, every time I let off the gas, after no more than a second or two the RPM's jump down immediately to like 600 RPM's, whether your doing 25 or 45 MPH. Somethings not right... trans was flushed like 10K ago, dipstick level was hair high, noticed bubbles and it smelled burnt. Surprised it hasn't died yet to be honest.

Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just left my house and went to the bank, had the defroster on and was in park. It sat there and idled, just before the AC compressor kicked in the rpm's jumped way down and when it engaged it almost stalled out. Engine jumped back up but this is obviously a connected problem because they both started at the same time, computer related? Need help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kinda sounds like a sticky iac.Try remove/clean iac. Just a guess.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You gentleman were correct. The CEL came on and it did turn out to be the IAC. Thank you guys for all of your help.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts