Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like said anyone running 4 row radiator from summit racing ? i bought the module with rad ,shroud,and electric fan that was listed for a 1964 ford fairlane bought on sale 4 years ago now i am mocking up that part of car and amazingly it does not fit even close nope was trying to find someone to build a blank shroud that i could install 2 smaller fans that will have the motors where there is room but everyone wants to sell them with 16 inch hole already
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Machine

cut any help is appreciated thanks i could mount fans directly to radiator with the plastic modified zip ties but was really wanting a shroud to make it a little nicer

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
Looks like you have a small block Ford.
Why are you using a 4 row radiator? Are you putting a blower & turbos on it?

Not even sure two smaller fans would have enough clearance

Action

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is plenty of room if i mount one high on passenger side and low on driver side now that a few people have bought these they are all commenting how even a 3 row wont fit have 2.75" of space between radiator and water pump snout always plan on bigger radiator in case plans change and at the time price was very similar didnt expect a radiator kit for a specific car would not fit that car and no notes or indication of it not fitting

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,056 Posts
Will be interesting to see the result.

Action

· Registered
1967 Ford Fairlane
23 Posts
This is the way to go... use what you have, adapt it to work, and you learn tons along the way that no book could ever teach you. I'm sure your system will work well. You could even have the fans set to switch on at different temperatures, to help counter the "all or nothing" effect if they share a thermostat. But see how it performs first.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is more issues that i hope to have time to resolve tomorrow bottom tank is hitting front frame rail brackets have to cut them off and move in been working on welding in rad support and getting rad to fit 2 nights this week alot of tweeking for exact fit part

1 - 11 of 11 Posts