Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I already complained about the underline thing today, but it's just down right annoying now.

Ever since the underlines were added, I have had nothing but urlmon.dll error messages kicking me out of here, I try to post, kickes me out, I've got not forward or reverse, kicks me out, open a new window to read a notification and guess what, kickes out. I tried every computer in the house, same thing. I have roadtested 3 new browsers today and it's the same thing over and over and by the way, I DID NOT like any of them.

I like my old IE6, I know where everything is, but I don't like this, if it's not the urlmon.dll, it's the darn cookie thing or worse yet, it tells me I don't have access to the site when I open IE, and don't get me started on the chat room, then it asks me to sign in, it didn't do that before and when I try to it gives me another error window and then the next thing I know BAM I'm in the chat room.

And when did everything get slower, I know I'm blonde, but the slower it gets, the faster the error messages come.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me! :sad:

Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here's the deal. Adding underlines is to links is not causing the problem, this I can guarantee. The process to do so is changing 2 lines of code for the entire application to show these underlines.

What I assume is the problem "might" have to do with the Google Adsense (banner ads). Now the solution is probably something you are not going to like, but I am going to suggest it anyways. IE6 is no longer supported by a number of major websites:
Google to send Internet Explorer 6 users packing come March

I would recommend upgrading to IE7 or trying out FireFox.

I also experience the chatroom error and I am going to see what I can do to fix it. The chat program has an upgrade so I will be checking to see if that a possible fox for the chat room.

Finally, can you post some of the exact error messages you are getting. Might be helpful to give you further assistance.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Firefox 3.6.2 - no issues
IE 8.0.... - no issues
2 different IP's - no issues
3 different PC's - no issues
XP & Vista

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I like my browsers, like my Fords…..old…..haha

I apologize for my strong language; I was rather frustrated when I typed it. I did not mean to imply it was because of the underlines, I was trying to give a timeline of when this all started. I appreciate all the help. Thank you everyone. :)

I tried IE7 on my computer, same thing. I tried IE8, which is on one of the other computer’s, same thing. I tried Opera and well, the big red O made me feel like Oprah was watching me, so I just went back to IE6. I had a nagging suspicion it was the IE6, which is why I tried the newer versions first. I am going to try Firefox today, will let you know how that works out.

I noticed the Google Adsense and though it might be slowing things down, but didn’t mention on the off change Google sent me packing…

The error messages I get are “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site”, pic attached; “The page cannot be displayed - Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer", pic attached, that one is funny, I get that sometime straight away when I click on the link to this Forum, and yes my cookies and stuff are cleared; “Microsoft Internet has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”, pic attached, that one is always the urlmon.dll error. It has no pattern, sometimes it happens straight away and other times, I can move about, then it hits me. NOTE: I picked the pictures from the Internet.

Robdog, I could have privately emailed you with this concern and not appeared, humm, outdated or dumb, but what if I am not the only one out there still using an outdated browser?

I put it out in the open, because some people out there wanting to join this Awesome Forum may be having the same problem and we want them here, we don’t want them going to another Forum, we are the best, we ROCK! So you guys want to pick on me, have at me on the Underline thread, it’s all good, but here, I want to help other’s that may have the same problem.

Again, I do apoligize for my strong language; I was feeling like Charlie Brown going to kick that football Lucy keeps stealing away….

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
....I put it out in the open, because some people out there wanting to join this Awesome Forum may be having the same problem and we want them here, we don’t want them going to another Forum, we are the best, we ROCK! So you guys want to pick on me, have at me on the Underline thread, it’s all good, but here, I want to help other’s that may have the same problem.
....I was feeling like Charlie Brown going to kick that football Lucy keeps stealing away….
Sorry MissI if we were playin' too rough. :sad:
Nooobody likes a .dll error. I don't know much about .dll's but what I do know is that they exist on the users PC. Anything get deleted recently? Check your recycle bin. Have you tried a OS restart? I'm old enough to remember that fixing several Windows issues was as simple as CTRL-ALT-DEL. :crazy:

Urlmon.dll - Urlmon.dll Not Found Error - Missing Urlmon.dll - Fix Urlmon.dll

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry MissI if we were playin' too rough. :sad:
It's all good! :yesnod: Not too rough at all, didn't mean to sound like I was whinning....Sorry for that, I do appreciate all the help, very much. :thumbsup:

Nooobody likes a .dll error.
Thanks for underlining it, actually tried to click on it....haha The Charlie Brown comment was solely directed at that very issue - .dll errors. Did try many fixes prior to posting and thanks for the link... :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would recommend upgrading
Thank you Robdog, the upgrade has resolved the problem. :yesnod: I appreciate everyone's help with this, sorry to be a problem.

Should I also upgrade my OS from Windows 3.0 too........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thank you Robdog, the upgrade has resolved the problem. :yesnod: I appreciate everyone's help with this, sorry to be a problem.

Should I also upgrade my OS from Windows 3.0 too........ :rolleyes:
Glad this helped. I know upgrades are scary sometimes, but they do help ... occasionally. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.