Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 07 Mustang the auto windows are afowl, again, 4 time around. The local Ford Dealer has reprogramed the window controls each time and checked out the car and can not find the cause of the problem. First time they reprogramed the controller, the radio stopped working on the line-in part. They put in a new radio, the next time the windows stopped working the new radio started turning it self off. The other times that they have reprogramed the window controller they disconected the radio and had no problems. Also when the windows have a problem, one time it will be the drivers side next it will be the passenger side, then back and forth each time. It goes in again on Friday for the passenger side is the one no working this time.
Does anyone know in Ford that I should contact beyond the local dealer?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't see anything over and above a TSB on the routine reprogramming. You might ask the service writer or service manager if they have contacted the hot line with your problem, since this isn't the first time you've had this concern.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TSB? I'm not sure what that is. They have checked their hot line about service bulletins on this, notting there. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
TSB= Technical Service Bulletin

WE have a link to them at the top of the home page.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, it goes in tomorrow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it is in the shop this morning, with both windows failing. They are hoping now that both windows have failed, they can find the problem. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The more sophisticated they make these things, the harder they are to fix. When I started on them, points and condensers were the thing (don't laugh), and I had just finished 5 years with Uncle Sam and satellites. I've stayed up with most things on these cars, but they are just getting too involved. When you have 11 onboard computers that talk to each other, sometimes I thing they are just plotting against us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are right about the computers, and I still use points on 6 cars and trucks that I have.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Does anyone know in Ford that I should contact beyond the local dealer?

Read the owners manual. There is a series of "recommended" steps Ford asks you to go through (reguarding handling disputes/problems). Good luck... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got her back last night, the only thing that they came up with is that the eletronics of the car maybe drawing the battery down just enough that when the starter cranks up the engine, it drops off the power going to the computer and losing the window programing. So a new battery with more craking amps may be next.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Well I got her back last night, the only thing that they came up with is that the eletronics of the car maybe drawing the battery down just enough that when the starter cranks up the engine, it drops off the power going to the computer and losing the window programing. So a new battery with more craking amps may be next.
Just thinking out loud...
So if this is a battery/starter/memory issue, then once programmed the windows should work properly before the starter kicks in. Maybe see if the windows work properly before starting each time? What a pain.

Any aftermarket electronics that could be interfering with communication between modules?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any aftermarket electronics that could be interfering with communication between modules?
No aftermarrket eletronics, she is all stock.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I put in a new battery and had to have the windows reprogramed again, windows worked before the battery was disconnected and did not work after new one was hooked up. All is fine so far, we will see, not holding my breath over this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I gess the new battery did the trick, windows are still working fine.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The more sophisticated they make these things, the harder they are to fix. When I started on them, points and condensers were the thing (don't laugh), and I had just finished 5 years with Uncle Sam and satellites. I've stayed up with most things on these cars, but they are just getting too involved. When you have 11 onboard computers that talk to each other, sometimes I thing they are just plotting against us.
when i was going to UTI one of my roommates was in the VW program. back in 2004 the Beetle had over 85 computers talking to each other. they were also experimenting with the cam-less engine back then. valves operated by servos...i've been able to kinda keep up being an fa-18 powerplant technician in the Corps, but sometimes this stuff baffles me, like why in the hell did they have to hook the windows up to the computer in the first place? other than when it cracked open when you open and close the door... i still prefer my hand crank, atleast then you could literally roll your window up even when the battery was dead... just ranting, sorry if i wasted your time...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The windows on my wife's 05 Mustang GT started doing weird things about 2 months ago, like the time they rolled themselves down overnight. Then the passenger side window wouldn't roll up automatically that last quarter inch after you shut it. Then the one touch up/down automatic feature quit working, then everything started working again, and I quick traded her in on an 07 Roush 427R.... No bs....

I didn't want to deal with a sporadic series of come and go electrical problems. It reminded me of the nightmare problems we had with our 1990 Mark VII.... which were never resolved...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The windows on my wife's 05 Mustang GT started doing weird things about 2 months ago, like the time they rolled themselves down overnight. Then the passenger side window wouldn't roll up automatically that last quarter inch after you shut it. Then the one touch up/down automatic feature quit working, then everything started working again, and I quick traded her in on an 07 Roush 427R.... No bs....

I didn't want to deal with a sporadic series of come and go electrical problems. It reminded me of the nightmare problems we had with our 1990 Mark VII.... which were never resolved...
Nice trade, but it was just a weak battery that was the cause on mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts