Auxialliary Input for 2008 Escape Radio | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Auxialliary Input for 2008 Escape Radio

Discussion in 'Ford Escape' started by Air Aitch, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:17 AM.

1. Air Aitch

Air Aitch New Member

I read the manual and learned that one uses a 1/8" cable end for the port in the dash. I have an iPhone without any cable other than the 'lightning' power cord. Does anyone know if it is possible to play music from the iPhone through the car stereo system? If so, how is it done? Is there a cable with lightning on one end and 1/8" stereo plug on the other or is a crossover connection needed with lightning/USB to USB/1/8" stereo?
  2. PM1

PM1 New Member

If your Iphone has an headphone receptacle for 1/8" (3.5mm) jacks, you can just by a 1/8 to 1/8 audio stereo cable and plug it between Iphone and the radio jack. This way you can still charge your phone through the USB and lightning port when listening to music.
    If the phone does not have a headphone receptacle, than adapter cables from lightning to 3.5mm are available :
    https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=lightning+to+aux+adapter&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    The phone will not be charging tough.

PM1
    Air Aitch and Action like this.
  3. Air Aitch

Air Aitch New Member

Thanks for the reply. I got a 1/8" to lightning for the car. I've also got a USB to lightning for charging but can't listen and charge simultaneously due to the limitations of the iPhone X, ie, not having a headphone jack.