Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today...really went sour.
I found my tranny took a crap on me for some reason. Tomorrow I am going to look into it more but it does not look good. The pump in the tranny seems like its not working.
So, Monday we will be contacting the reman company and see what they want to do. Probly, taking the tranny out and sending to them in Nebraska. Then at the earliest I would get it back is in like 2-3 weeks.
This means I may have to cancel the Bash. At least I may not be able to go.
The time frame is too tight, and if they by chance dont warranty the tranny....I will have to pay to fix it and I dont have the money to do so.

Sorry to everyone, I feel horrible and well beer is tasting good right now.:mad2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just go 'round back and dump the mud outta that C4 you have out by the alley. The rust in the pan is friction modifier, it'll hook like new.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Man really sorry to hear the bad news.

I haven't read all of the bash threads, but you guys seemed really hopped about it. I'm guessing that it is a car show, does it include racing at a track? IF you didn't plan to race, would it be a crazy suggestion to trailer your car to show it, and still have fun?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Poppy that was real thoughtful of you to offer that suggestion.

So Stymees'mont what about it - could she be a "Trailer Queen" for just the weekend of the bash?

I know fully well the statement "she not a trailer Queen", but it's a better option than canceling isn't it?

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about it too, I think I need to just see what happens this week first. Then decide about renting a trailer for that weekend. Thing is its holding me up on the other things...like the hood and what not at least for now. Right now I am just feeling like crap and not sure what to do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I thought about it too, I think I need to just see what happens this week first. Then decide about renting a trailer for that weekend. Thing is its holding me up on the other things...like the hood and what not at least for now. Right now I am just feeling like crap and not sure what to do.
I would try swapping pumps from the old trans to the new and see what happens....sounds like a seal failure.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I would try swapping pumps from the old trans to the new and see what happens....sounds like a seal failure.
that's what happened to the c4 i got from TCI. i still have to get around to swapping the pumps, but for the time being i got one from a 76 pickup, just to get me around.
it only cost me $100, and still no problems with it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry to hear about your transmission problems. I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Man, what crappy luck! Best thing might be just take a day or two to figure out your options.

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today was better. We found that everything I did was right but found things the reman company didnt do. Like they did not adjust the clutch bands....they where off by a mile. I have fluids in both the torque converter and the case...everything did have fluids. So only thing left is its a bad tranny.
I am very disappointed in the company, they do great work 98 % of the time. They do stand behind there products and follow through their warranties. I just thought this one would be gravy and issue free. I just got lucky !! I guess.
The best thing about today, I did get the engine all dialed in....runs perfectly....sounds perfectly.....I have to say this car will scoot very well when I can finally drive it.
The carb is set, the valves are all adjusted, the timing is all set, and the distributor was curved. Man what a difference from last weekend.
The idling on hoist was very cool. It sat there rocking side to side because of the huge cam....lop lop lop .
Sorry for rambling....I may see the tranny back here this week, my buddy is going to push them hard since they dropped the ball on this tranny. Fingers are crossed !!

P.S. Thanks everyone with the support and thoughts. Means a lot.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Damn dude, that really blows, hope you get it sorted.

·
Banned
292 Posts
I may see the tranny back here this week, my buddy is going to push them hard since they dropped the ball on this tranny. Fingers are crossed !!.
Tell 'em if they dont have it back by FRIDAY, i'll come camp out on their front door step and blast 'I'M A BARBIE GIRL' till they beg you to take 2 transmissions FREE!!!

yes i am THAT crazy.

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The tranny is out and they are picking it up tomorrow (Tues) I believe it will be back here ...I hope... Tues. or Wed. next week. Took me alone only an 1.5 Hrs. to get it out today....Nice when you have a car lift.
Mean time as I wait, I will have new tires put on the front wheels, make a mounting plate for the throttle cable, and Start preping the hood.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's the main thing, keep yourself busy with the leftover stuff so the wait doesn't seem so long.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts