Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the BBK 1553 performance pulleys and installed them on my 90 f-250 5.0. The instructions say i can use the original belt on these pulley. However, when i finished the belt did not fit (no pun intended), has anyone else had this problem and have a solution. Hopefully other than taking a string and measuring the distance and finding a belt of the distance gona be hard with the tensioner.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
how much play is there?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
do you know about where the tensioner sits when the belt is on?
if so you don't need a string, just cut the belt to length, and find one from there. it's should be fine if a little longer, like 1/8-1/4inch...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Before you go cutting up any belt,make sure the belt is routed correctly.A serpentine belt can fool you sometimes.You think it goes over a pulley when it actually goes under.Just double check.If the pulley manufacturer says you can use the original belt,then you have it on wrong.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i double checked it and even my budy came over and checked it so what i thing ill do is have him hold the tentioner in the good range then cut it and get a new one ... and the good part is the current belt has about three ribs of six mission ever other couple inches so it needs to be replaced anyways

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I'm with BogHog on this one. You should have a belt routing diagram under the hood somewhere, just to be sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts