Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so who knows how to get a little extra kick out of a 2004 3.0L Vulcan V6? Its very hard to find after market parts for the engine and I would love to be able to squeeze a little juice out of it, I think there is potential in it. So if anyone knows how to do anything for it please let me know, any and all suggestions are welcome......except going out and buying a better car.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, my 98 Ranger Super XLT has the 3.0L Vulcan, and there arent many differences between the 98 and the 2K and up Vulcans except a redesigned upper intake manifold, but in answer to your question, MoranaV6racing has an exstensive collection of parts for the Vulcan. I bought one of their 3.0L Vulcan Stoker kits and a set of 7.1:1 roller rockers. the stock Vulcan only has 6.1:1 rockers, and the 7.1:1s only poke the valves a smidge farther into the cylinder which helps on low end torque and power, and I've had no problems with my engine since the install, but just to be sure, i upgraded to a set of ARP head studs. Eaton makes a good belt driven Roots-type supercharger for the Vulcan. JBA, Gibson, Magnaflow and Dynomax all make good exhaust for the Vulcan too. If you need anything else, just hit me up.
-RollinWOT

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Tommy Morana is a friend of mine. He is one of the smartest, if not THE smartest Ford V6 men around. His stuff is tried and true and works. Tom Morana Racing Engines

Reactions: Dominick
1 - 3 of 3 Posts