Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just wondering if you can put a big block in a 60 Falcon and keep the stock hood??

I have seen one example of a 521ci Big Block in a 64 Falcon while sill maintaining the stock hood

Does a dry sump help??
Low profile intake?
Low oil pan?

thanks

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
I'm sure some of the Falcon owners can give you advise

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, I could have put my stock hood down over our 511 ci. FE , but chose to cut a round hole in our hood, due to having a high rise single plane intake and extra tall air filter. If you look close you will see in the top picture a much larger radiator fan, which was needed to keep everything cool. With 1,017 hp cool is good. Ours is a straight axle, but mustang II suspension will also work.
P1010487.JPG
P10003131.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you could attain your goal, with or without a dry sump. Lower profile air cleaner, dual plane intake all would make it easier to keep the stock hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you could attain your goal, with or without a dry sump. Lower profile air cleaner, dual plane intake all would make it easier to keep the stock hood.

Maxtor,

Your rig is looking super tough. Now i have something for inspiration

·
Registered
107 Posts
Every time I go to the track, a 1960 Falcon with a big block draws a crowd. We made 767 hp on the dyno without nitrous, and that equates to a 9.808 et. It will be interesting to see what it will do with 1,017 hp. A 460 big block bored and stroked should do the same thing. How fast you want to go depends on how much you want to spend.

Or you could buy a Mustang GT and add a procharger and make over 1,000 hp and still be streetable, with a Coyote engine.

But I prefer doing something different like our early Falcons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is something cool and unique about an All Motor car. It's raw.

I am looking to do an AFX style car with my own personal touch. Like the "sleeper" look.

Unfortunately there were no first generation AFX Falcons.

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
^^^^^LOL

Dirt is my cousin!

Action

1 - 10 of 10 Posts